Hear me out

Frogg

Reaction score
Alright, so I had an epiphany a few weeks ago and if you know the backstory or the plot of Phantom of the Opera please agree with me on this

Ok so the story is in a rural French high school where Erik(Phantom) falls in love with Christine, though Christine is in love with Raoul. Erik being being musical genius he is, goes to school, watches Christine flirt with Raoul, then go home and write music about how he loves Christine, though he won't actually mention his love for her. Once Erik finishes a piece of music, he places it in his musical directors office, where the musical director has no idea where the music comes from, he starts to play this music, after a while, more music is given to the musical director, and later the musical director performs this wonderful music, where he takes credit for all of this music. Erik leaves in a rage and writes his last piece of music saying how the musical director did wrong and should be wary of what he does. OH AND BTW, NO ONE KNOWS THAT ERIK IS THE PHANTOM, THEY JUST THINK HE IS A FREAK AND AN OUTCAST, AND NEITHER DOES THE AUDIENCE, IT'S LIKE A MYSTERY ALMOST. And so, time comes for their Junior Prom, where the dateless Erik stalks Christine the entire night, Erik follows Christine out to the rooftop their location, where he sees Christine and Raoul share a kiss, and Erik in a rage again, storms home, hitting himself saying how he will never get the chance to be with her, which causes him to commit self-harm, by burning the right side of his face, permanently scarring his face, causing him to wear a mask to hide his scars, and this shows the audience that he is the Phantom.

Did you think I was done? That was just Act I.

ACT II: Erik leaves school and hides in his house, continuously writing music, making him go insane, he decides that he is ready to face reality again by going to school seeing that there are musical audition sign ups, Erik goes to his audition and manages to knock off the male lead, where his dearest Christine manages to knock off the female lead. Once Erik gets the script, he reads through and finds out that the two share a kiss. Rehearsal after rehearsal he longs for the kiss until opening night, Christine states that she cannot bring herself to kiss him, and so they embrace instead of kissing, though, when it comes to their final performance, Christine kisses Erik, causing Erik to break character, go on and confess his love to Christine, then he vanishes on stage, never to be seen again. Ever since no one has heard from the Phantom. Phantom never really graduated, he just vanished and settled home at the Paris Opera House catacombs(this being his lair), Christine sets her mind on becoming a performer, and she gets sent to the Paris Opera House, and for Raoul, decides to support Christine in her future endeavors. As time goes on, the Phantom finds Christine(not knowing that she is Christine), and starts to seduce Christine with his music and bring her to his lair, once the Phantom brings her down to his lair, he realizes that she is Christine, hearing her sing once more...

And then if you know the plot of Phantom of the Opera, you can finish where I left off.

Hopefully there are some theatre geeks out there like myself who can look at this and say 'wow'.

Thanks for listening. ~Frogg

Reactions: Duffie and Swate