[/hardcore added by WinX] Sudden Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blockinator

Reaction score
Sometimes lava could use some hectic fun, and maybe this idea might do it.
This is a random event set up by any op on the server, this event pits all previous survivalists into a random map and be the last one alive.
Here are some of the details:
- Lava is furious (Where's the danger if you can hide from the lava)
- Limited or no building, just digging (Building dams, not in my watch. And digging might help in "sabotage")
-No sponges (Insert sarcastic and obvious comment here)
- Only one life (Touch the lava and die)
- The prize is either some lives or maybe some extra cookies.

Thats pretty much the basic idea behind this.

Reactions: Notme

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This reminds me of a different suggestion that I saw some time ago where basically it was similar concept, rather than having a timer the round would end when only one person was left and they would get a nice prize.

The thing I didn't like about it is that everyone had to wait for ages for the second last person to die, but making the lava furious forbidding sponges and forcing ironman kinda fixes that, I would also add 'lava speed cheetah' or something to make it even faster.

Another thing is whether or not griefing/flooding would be allowed during this round, I don't think that should be allowed but you were kinda hinting at it 'And digging might help in "sabotage".

Also many maps have open roofs, many of those maps have bedrock above lava where players can just stand to avoid it.
This game type would have to be played in maps with a roof.

I think it's be better if all players took part rather then just the survivors of the last round but other than the things I've said above I really like the idea.
Also i think the prize should be 1-5 super cookies

Arcius

Reaction score
I'm not too big on this idea. In a way it can support griefing, which is a general "no go" in my books. If people could only dig, I'd imagine that there would always be that one player who goes around tunneling lava in to other people's houses so he could be the winner. And tunneling lava is breaking rule 2... so... yeah. I don't think this idea will fly unless we change our rules, which I don't see happening.

Also, the argument will arise from new players, "But, I thought it was legal on this server," if we have rounds with special rules that allow certain acts that normally would be a warnable/kickable/bannable offense. To insure stability, it would be best to try to avoid adding these situations.

It's not that I don't think it wouldn't be fun. I just don't think it would work for us.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
IMO this is a pretty much an elaborate idea to kill everyone on the server in one go.
Why?

Point 1 : Furious. It Destroys EVERYTHING.
Point 2 : No Sponge. Which is the only thing that keeps you alive from Furious Lava.
Point 3 : 1 Life. *looks at ironman*
Point 4 : Prize is some cookies or some lives. not much for an extremely dangerous round.

Status
Not open for further replies.