[/hardcore added by WinX] Hardcore mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamGreg07

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered what a cross between Lava and Zombie survival would be? Strictly speaking, this would be, a massive war between players hiding and fighting to survive lava. And yes, griefing would be legal, so you could choose to go solo, survive in a group or stealth around to eliminate the competition. My suggestion is this: a hardcore mode for lava.

But Greg! Furious lava is lava's hardcore mode! And the blocks are griefed themselves! Surely such a suggestion would be pointless and time wasting! (inb4 a controller+ quotes this as their response ;))

With regular difficulty levels, usually most of or the entire map get's submerged in lava and the only survivors are the ones who camp by a sponge for half an hour or hide in the secret.
Although it is certainly a tragic moment when your beautiful creation is ripped apart by a griefer, the biggest thrill of the game is when you protect yourselves as the lava gushes in and the griefer is incarcerated.

In my suggestion of a hardcore mode, like in Zombie it would be activated with /hardcore by an Op+
at which point:
-Griefing would be legal (maybe only after lava begins flowing)
-EVERYONE would be on ironman (so double cookies for survivors, and if you're out you're out.)

I thought of this suggestion today after I heard another comment of how there's no 'survival' in lava. This obviously isn't entirely true, but it is to a certain extent. Guests/crafters are usually the only ones who die in an average round and many people end up waiting the round out in their houses. It's also as if most of the higher ranks just head to a secret if there is one so they're basically guaranteed survival. I made this suggestion for the purpose of adding more thrill to the game, and it's not that I don't enjoy it, but I don't see why it couldn't be investigated futher. There are some very obvious flaws in the idea (new players confused as to whether griefing is legal, people involuntarily losing cookies etc) but if it were to actually be implemented (assuming it could be) there's no reason why the suggestion shouldn't be tweaked to suit everyone best.

Thanks for reading :)

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ive often thought lava survival would be more fun if flooding was allowed, but I can imagine the amount of raging that will happen when people who are used to the normal game type get killed.

Reaction score
The guests are moody. Just cocky, or brown nosing.

They keep going back and forth between "This is not survival" and then when furious kicks in, "wtf no one told me it was furious".

EDIT: This post was in reply to Greg's "I heard another comment about this is not survival"

Not to Killer's post
EDIT EDIT: Regardless of how you think it out, there's always that group of three people that complains about the round, can't make 'em all happy you know.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: By what I mean by the other edit, I mean that even if you don't implement it, people are still complaining. If you implement it, people won't stop complaining. Really can't satisfy the wants of everyone.

Reaction score
I like your idea, except for this part, "Grief would be legal"
Sorry, but this idea is not the best idea, revoking a rule just for a harder game play?
"Griefers" would abuse this easily, making our player base worse
In my opinion.

TheFurion101

Nostalgic
Reaction score
I like it, however the grief-allow thing doesn't seem right. There will be a lot of complaints and something just feels like it needs a change. Otherwise I agree that it needs a bit more survival to it.

Reactions: 123

IamGreg07

Reaction score
The griefing would be for the purpose of the fight for survival, as you'd have to be able to if you're using the lava as a weapon.

Alternatively, I suppose there could be an adminium map with /doors that could be used instead of the griefing rule so that players could direct the flow of lava to attack. But then there would either have to be new maps or modifications to the ones we have now, which would cause even more work. (still, it would be interesting to see /doors have a role in the game even if it isn't for this purpose)

Either way, I posted this as a simple idea, not as a means for begging it to happen. It all depends on whether we think the Risk of confusing guests outweighs the potential fun the Hardcore mode would bring.

fenna

Reaction score
-Griefing would be legal (maybe only after lava begins flowing)
-EVERYONE would be on ironman (so double cookies for survivors, and if you're out you're out.
My only problem is this part, You would lose all your lives on lava and lose a bunch of cookies. and greifing would be legal, Its like this:
Player 1: HEY this round lets people greif!
Player 2: Hey i have an idea, lets greif everything we can!
Player 1: YA lets start with that house over there and ruin everything!
Player 2: Lets get started
Thats my consern its like saying to greifers "HEY heres a bone, go greif everything." Because you said Greifing would be legal, Those are my only problems with this
EDIT: How does this fit zombie survival in here?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I like this idea. No more camping in your box waiting for the round to end and going AFK. You have to stay alert, since you don't know if someone is about to tunnel in and flood your home. Adds competition. The main problem I can think of is that people will misunderstand. But I don't think it will make our playerbase worse, since it's only every once in a while, not 24/7.

May I suggest that the less people there are that were from the beginning, the more cookies gained?

IamGreg07

Reaction score
Well, the reason I said that /ironman would be activated for everyone is because if you die you'd be out but if you survive you'd get the double cookies. The obvious problem here is that Advs+ can already do this but without people hunting them down throughout the round. Perhaps there could be another way for it to work, for example a mode where you dont lose so many cookies for dying and you get significantly more if you win. Maybe that could be a compromise?

Aaand it's like Zombie because of the battle element and the legalised griefing. (when it isnt making people unreachable etc) :p

fenna

Reaction score
Well, the reason I said that /ironman would be activated for everyone is because if you die you'd be out but if you survive you'd get the double cookies.
Aaand it's like Zombie because of the battle element and the legalised griefing.
OK greg, im going to point out something that i think, I dont think greifing should be allowed because it will encourage greifers "Or they think" that they can just greif in any map. I suggest this.
You could get someone to make a map and everytime that map is suggested Everyone would be on ironman. And if you lose then you go in this specially designed box to view the map, but you dont lose any cookies. You would lose one life and not get any cookies, This is what i think

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
The griefing would be for the purpose of the fight for survival, as you'd have to be able to if you're using the lava as a weapon.

Alternatively, I suppose there could be an adminium map with /doors that could be used instead of the griefing rule so that players could direct the flow of lava to attack.
If you want to attack people with lava, you must go to TNT, yes?;)
They should have to survive the lava, not other players intentionally killing them. That's for TNT.

Reactions: Araidian and 123

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Now.
Lemme just say.
I LOVE this Idea.
Although it needs some tweaking. The griefing rule would have to be altered slightly to say that Griefing is Ok only on certain types of rounds.

And most of the time people will dig straight down to the bottom and sit there until the round ends like normal.
When my brain isn't derping from lack of sleep, perhaps I'll edit this with flaws I've found or support I have, but this is all I have for now.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Heres the thing.
Everyone on Ironman.
Lava comes in.
Player ruins it for everyone, lava kills everyone.
Rage thrown in chat back and forth, everyone saving up for ranks and such would lose their hardwork.
Rule 5 thrown down the drain.
Personally, I know I would throw my computer out the window if this happened to me. I just want the ironman toggle to be optional is all. Because I haven't turned ironman on for me in the past month ;)

ColorWar

Reaction score
not sure about the everyone on Ironman option, If a troll's intention is to cause grief and stuff up someones hard earned cookies, the easiest way to do so would be by that way, plus if you were the one who was going to flood a room full of like 5 people, it'd be pretty easy to make an esccape route just for yourself, and just bolt after you've flooded. The griefing thing would just be hard to explain to new players in my opinion, you'd start to have people griefing on normal rounds and using "that" excuse as a way to defuse the situation :/

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
Well if this is passed I believe more options will be available to me
now I might have two choices

- Build Big Structures and make myself look like a miserable rich man living by himself in a creepy home

- Or go on a flooding spree, and wreck and destroy as I so please when this mode is activated.

I like the ability to make that choice, although I could have read something wrong, so forgive me if I misinterpreted certain things. Overall this seems like a pretty decent idea to me, I can support this. However for the sake of the people who recommended that this should be tweaked allitle bit. I would like to backup Araidian and say I want Ironman to be optional, ( if that is possible).

Reactions: 123 and Araidian
Status
Not open for further replies.