Happy Birthday Minecraft! (Totally not MBH backwards)

When did you start playing Minecraft (Premium or Classic)?

• 2014 - Hi, I'm new.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
MC had its 5th birthday on 10th May, and it was first released back in 2009!
So many things has changed since its launch!
Here is my small imgur screenies, showing as MC advanced year by year since its release.

Soo.. how did Minecraft looked back then, when you started playing it?
MC launcher has access to all versions since Alpha and some before, so you can just post screenie ;)

I started playing it, when it was Beta 1.6.2 (pirated, modded and with hacks).
I was kiinda bored back then.
Also I found Blocktopia Classic servers. Wow very classy much awesome I have to ssssssssssssay :)

And I was playing on Blocktopian classic servers, and 2 months later got giftcoded on 18th August 2011 with MC - it was 1.7.3 back them.
Adventure Update was coming rapidly.

And then I went on Adventure....
I think my quick adaption to premium made me invulnerable to classic shutdown - I was like "Thanks for all cookies and brains and TNT Classic, Good game :)".

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Started playing in Beta 1.3, when 404 and Glacier reigned supreme and cobblestone still had the ugly texture with more defined lines between the rocks. Good times, really good times.

Minecraft has evolved so much since I started playing, but it's been a great ride so far. Most of the things that have been added in the 3 years that I've played the game have made the game better in my opinion and while I enjoy playing the older versions for nostalgia every now and then, fully returning to the unfinished game it used to be would be pretty damn difficult.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I started playing minecraft the 5th May 2011, pirated singleplayer in beta 1.2. Started playing classic the fall that year, and found blocktopia sometime in september. Got premium, and joined the premium servers, first was SMP, of blocktopia in the spring of 2012. Been around every since.

Last edited:

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I got premium on Christmas of 2010, pretty sure it was beta 1.2 but not sure. I remember loading up my first world, making a little house in the ground and then never finding it again.

Been playing Classic since About September of 2010. I used to be a griefer until I joined D3 and eventually this place.

I hope they can keep innovating to keep MC alive for a while longer. :)

Reactions: Notme

Terre936

Reaction score
Not exactly sure when I started playing classic, but I know I got premium around September 2012. SMP 4 was difficult for me since I hardly knew how to play the game in general. AoD taught me how to pvp, and I used BuildBox if I ever felt like building something.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Year 7 (2011 for me) I started seriously playing. I remember EXTREMELY vaguely that I played before that, either Alpha or EXTREMELY early Beta. I'm not too sure which, but I think it may have been in 2009 or something (whenever Alpha was).
When I started seriously playing in 2011 I got a modded, pirated, hacked with every type of hack you could imagine, etc. I got it from a friend. I didn't have my own account. I got my own account I think it was late 2011 and started playing multiplayer.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I started playing MC in general (Classic) around the later part of 2011, joined BT around May/August of 2012, and didn't get Premium until around 2013. The first version I played "premium" on (because technically I had full version, Singleplayer only, and didn't pay) was I believe 1.2-ish.

deathdoom13

Reaction score
Was here right after shifting was introduced/before beta. Got premium at Beta 1.5.2, got a computer that COULD ACTUALLY LOAD MINECRAFT around version 1.2.5 after release. Currently learning java so I can mod games/look at source code enough to understand basic minecraft things.

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
Year 7 (2011 for me) I started seriously playing. I remember EXTREMELY vaguely that I played before that, either Alpha or EXTREMELY early Beta. I'm not too sure which, but I think it may have been in 2009 or something (whenever Alpha was).
When I started seriously playing in 2011 I got a modded, pirated, hacked with every type of hack you could imagine, etc. I got it from a friend. I didn't have my own account. I got my own account I think it was late 2011 and started playing multiplayer.
Alpha is June 2010 - December 2010
Beta is December 2010 - November 2011

• Informative
Reactions: heartgamingmufin

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I started playing sometime around 2010, a bit before the nether was announced. I was really pumped when they announced the nether. I hadn't discovered BT at the time.

I also really think the game has gotten much better since then, even though there are a few things I dislike. For me playing a game constantly for 3 years is impressive. :3