Accepted giving mods a restart command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
It would be ideal for these situations that the server is lagging but lets not run this down too fast because:
- how often does it happen that a server needs to be manually restarted?
- will this give the moderators power they actual need or is this solvable in another way

I would say let the server autorestart when there aren't any players on instead of giving moderators something I see as a very big power and responsibility

Or

Give someone that has been a trusted and reliable staff member for a while to be able to judge the situation and perform the restart command

But that is just my opinion

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Mastersten

I think you're right, an auto-restart system would be best and I believe they're working on it. However, lately the server has been lagging/breaking a lot so it's pretty important that it gets restarted regulary. If it's easy to give moderators a command to restart the server from IRC/server, which I'm not sure about, it would be a nice temporary solution.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to it at all, its just..complicated to implement. You guys can discuss what would work best out of:
  • Mods can restart
  • Server automatically restarts every 20 rounds or so
  • Both of the above
  • Other
while tnm and I try to get something working. I can assure you if it were that simple it would already have been done.

Reactions: Fragile

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Give the most trusted mod with the most weekly ontime the restart command and imply the auto restart function
I think if moderators were given the power to restart, every moderator should get access to the command. Every moderator is trustworthy and can definitely handle the responsibility, even if something went wrong you can't do too much damage by only being able to restart (I assume).
The auto-restart system is necessary IMO because sometimes the server can start lagging while no staff member is online and it's better to prevent the lag issues altogether. If it isn't too much work a command for mods would be nice too but not necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Fragile

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
I think if moderators were given the power to restart, every moderator should get access to the command. Every moderator is trustworthy and can definitely handle the responsibility, even if something went wrong you can't do too much damage by only being able to restart (I assume).
Yeah, maybe just 1-2 isn't a good idea. Any Moderator could take this on (Especially since we have many, more devastating commands already)

Status
Not open for further replies.