Give Orbs Based On Player Movement

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
As the title says - reward players with orbs based on movement - but stop orbs from being given if they aren't moving.

This would probably be more suitable for Infection gamemodes, but maybe good for the others?

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I can see why this would be a good idea, but it has been more or less agreed on for a while that hiding is just as good as any other survival method in AoD, so I don't think we should take measures to discourage it

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I agree with S_swimmer, this is a good idea but people often choose to hide instead of running around. This will cause people dying from running around getting more orbs then people surviving by hiding.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I agree with Psycho. You should be rewarded more by taking risks, rather than going afk in a hole. You are more likely to be killed if you are running around. This could be abused though. Instead, maybe add a penalty for Sneaking?

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I see the purpose of this proposed change however it forces players to stop playing towards their win condition to get extra orbs which I do not like. If camping or hiding is an overpowered strategy we can think of betters to deal with it. It would probably be tough to code this in properly and if it's inplemented then players will run around to get more orbs instead of playing smart to win.

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
I like the general idea but I think we need to develop it. Not giving orbs at all for camping is a bit extreme and it doesn't encourage some smart tactics and that might be seen in a negative side. Lets hope this thread will come up with some nice ideas to develop so this can end in a good way.