General tech thread!

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
As the title says, general technology thread! Post all your technological wins and woes.
So what pieces of kit have you recently got, what projects are on your mind (hardware and software), and any tips of the trade to pass on to others.

I'll start off :p Today, I've gotten myself one of the first batch of the raspberry pi microprocessing system (Model B) for about 30 quid, quite cheap for a system of it's power. My first challenge is to try and get it to respond to being plugged into a PC through a USB port. MY next challenge would be to get a PSP LCD to recieve video footage from it using an adaptor. From there, no clue :p

So, what's teching you so long?

115Predator

Reaction score
Recently got this external hard drive. 1.5 TB and USB 3.0 (though I can't take advantage of it because I only have USB 2.0). I have three computers with a hard drive that are nearly completely used up (~220 GB each). Such a relief not having to worry about that problem anymore.

I plan to buy these sometime later. Unless told otherwise, it seems to be a very good pair of headphones for ~$100. I wish I found out about these sooner because about 11 months ago, I bought a pair of Sony headphones for ~$80 which turned out to be quite fragile. What made it worse is that I found the same pair of headphones elsewhere for ~$20. *Facedesk*

Pizzamoves

Reaction score
I plan to buy these sometime later. Unless told otherwise, it seems to be a very good pair of headphones for ~$100. I wish I found out about these sooner because about 11 months ago, I bought a pair of Sony headphones for ~$80 which turned out to be quite fragile. What made it worse is that I found the same pair of headphones elsewhere for ~$20. *Facedesk*
I actually have those same pairs. They are very nice and affordable, along with durability. I got them on a sale for $70, and was well worth the price. Haven't had any problems with them yet.