Funmode!

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
* Featured on today's "List of 100 things Ogarci mocks me for." *

Personally, I think Rituals of Fire has devolved into a tedium-simulator rank grind where you sit in a tiny box while browsing the internet in another window and not actually interacting with anyone on the server at all, with a reward for not dying from the brief cameo of lava that may appear if you happened to trust, gasp, people you don't know. I personally think that varying recent additions to the server may have increased this grind, but that isn't for this post.

I propose that for maybe a fee of 10-20 cookies per round, a user may be able to purchase items and effects for the length of a round to liven up the place and create more player interaction, and maybe have a sense of fun within the server itself instead of alt-tabbing to YouTube.

The round-length perks could include;

• Potion effects on the user such as a mild jump boost or speed increase (which wouldn't alter gameplay as drastically as regeneration or haste would). :showoff:

• 1-5 snowballs to have fun throwing at your fellow player. :happy:

• A random firework to add colour to the game. :bounce:

• A random fortune-cookie style fortune that is read after purchasing. :dance:

This is basically a pack of neat stuff that could mostly easily be store-bought, but would be rolled into a command for convenience. Users should also be able to use ironman too.

I added the happy looking smileys and bright colours to remind Ogarci that these are fun things.

W

Wimali

█▀▀░█░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█
▀▀█░█░█░█▀▀░█▀░░█▀▄
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░▀
█▄░▄█░█▀▀░█▀▀▀░ █▀█
█░█░█░█▀░░█░▀█░█▀▀█
▀░▀░▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀
█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█░ █▀█
█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄░█▀▀█
▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀░▀░░▀
█▀▀░█▀█░█░█▀▀
█▀░░█▀▀░█░█
▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀▀▀
░░░░░░██▄
░░░░░░█░█
░░░░░█░░█
█▄▄▄█░░░██
█░░ Valve ░░░█
█░ Add This ░░█
█░ Please! ░░░█
█░ And Give░░█
█░Me One░░░

(^joke, I do not think that this should get added.)​

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly this is just stupid. If your wanting a suggestion to be professionally decided. Don't make it look like some 8 year old got hand of the colours and smiles

On a serious note.

I don't like the idea of a "Fun-Mode" If you guys wanted a fun little round a controller would be able to set it up easily and everyone could have a game of spleef or one of IQ's famous super houses. Some of these suggestions are just not worth it. Giving players snowballs? Most of them would just make a snow block out of it. Also we already have a firework shop.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: RyanDodd
W

Wimali

I responded with a joke comment because I didn't think you took the suggestion seriously, mostly because you used an excessive amount of smileys and colours, etc. I figured it was satire or whatever. Apologies for not taking it seriously.

Anyway, I don't agree with this specific suggestion. The snowballs won't work because PvP would probably need to be turned on, which will not happen. The firework, in my opinion, shouldn't be a part of it because you can buy one in the firework shop anyway. The fortune cookie seems like fun, but useless.

However, I like the core of this idea, which I see as two seperate suggestions:
  • Some kind of /kit (which would be paid for)
  • Useless but fun commands
I am all for a /kit command, which would cost a certain amount of cookies based on your rank. Perhaps there could be a /kit for every rank which gradually become more expensive. (e.g. Crafter has a kit for wooden tools, Apprentice has one for Iron tools, Journeyman has one for Iron tools & armor, Expert has one for potions and one for fun things, Master has one for diamond tools & iron armor + one for diamond tools and diamond armor, etc. etc. + one with an enderchest somewhere, one with steak, ...) A grandmaster would still be able to buy the kits for lower ranks, at the same price. A few fun kits would be cool as well. Not everything has to be super-serious.

That brings me to the second part, useless but fun commands. I definitely think RoF needs more of those. A fortune-cookie style item could be fun to have. I can't think of any specific fun commands right now, but definitely think RoF needs more of them.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers

Jubjubers

Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Honestly this is just stupid. If your wanting a suggestion to be professionally decided. Don't make it look like some 8 year old got hand of the colours and smiles

On a serious note.

I don't like the idea of a "Fun-Mode" If you guys wanted a fun little round a controller would be able to set it up easily and everyone could have a game of spleef or one of IQ's famous super houses. Some of these suggestions are just not worth it. Giving players snowballs? Most of them would just make a snow block out of it. Also we already have a firework shop.
Though in all seriousness and without Ogarci-mocking , a simple to implement pack of miscellaneous items at a reasonable price is the idea I'm trying to suggest. Classic Lava had a hell of a lot of silly commands, such as /lick and the whole pet system, so I figured a small+cheap package of slight silly things would be a nice callback to the Classic Lava and might be pretty enjoyable for the playerbase who would wish to utilise it.
The idea of it being a command would simply make all of the effects concise and in one swift movement instead of individual purchases, especially as not many users would want to call back to the lobby mid-round. The finer details of it (e.g snowballs) could be decided among the staff to do with appropriacy within the server.

That brings me to the second part, useless but fun commands. I definitely think RoF needs more of those.
Of course!

• Thank You
Reactions: Ogarci and IQD

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
That's how you make a suggestion.

We could probably give them a testrun at some point. Would be a nice callback to Classic.

• Agree
Reactions: Ogarci

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
I mis-read a little bit.

I'm trying to suggest. Classic Lava had a hell of a lot of silly commands, such as /lick and the whole pet system, so I figured a small+cheap package of slight silly things would be a nice callback to the Classic Lava and might be pretty enjoyable for the playerbase who would wish to utilise it.
Having small little commands on the server was a huge thing on Classic lava. Especially /lick. All op+ loved it and always spammed it at the higher staff. I'm completely a go with small little fun commands on the server

Since we all loved classic lava c;

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I definitely like the idea, though the suggestions given in the OP aren't the best way to do it.
Snowballs: Would require PvP, I don't think that's happening.
There's already a firework shop.
Now, I do like the idea of a fortune-cookie type deal. I think maybe that should just be a normal thing, like...Survive a round = Get a fortune cookie :D

EDIT: So many posts while I was distracted gg

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Bram, why and how would getting tools be fun? o.o
It's like you work in one of Rage's mines -- you are a slave and tools are your fun.

On a note more related to this, how about subscription plans for stuff?
Like, pay X cookies each round and you'll get such-and-such Y fireworks every Z rounds (of course, much much cheaper than buying them in the store + randomness!)!
The snowball idea would probably be abused by everyone and there would be death everywhere.

And adding to Tim's idea; if we're doing fortune cookies, why not make each supercookie have a fortune inside for when you eat it?

Also that first smiley looks like he's on drugs. "Whee!! Man am I high right now!"

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers
W

Wimali

Bram, why and how would getting tools be fun? o.o
It's like you work in one of Rage's mines -- you are a slave and tools are your fun.
Didn't suggest it was fun, I was suggesting it as a /kit-style command, which we used to have (gave you an enderchest & a wooden shovel). It's just something to give you some items real quick without having to buy them all separately in the shop + can be done in the map. Not supposed to be fun, but make the game easier.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Potion effects on the user such as a mild jump boost or speed increase (which wouldn't alter gameplay as drastically as regeneration or haste would). :showoff:
Get to grandmaster, get the chain boots. There's like 3 different pairs and one of them has both, iirc.

Then people start speaking about kits, I remember the kits from like over a year ago where you got an enderchest omg. The memories.

Jubjubers

Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Get to grandmaster, get the chain boots. There's like 3 different pairs and one of them has both, iirc.
• The price of the chain boots are several orders of magnitude higher than my proposed idea, and as such that would dissuade a lot of users from buying them.
• The chain boots are also not available to every player.
• The idea of having it as a set of ironman-style static effects would be to stop the effects from being lost if the user dies, the chain boots would be a hellofalot more annoying to lose on death anyway than some cheap potion effects anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: 755someone755

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
• The price of the chain boots are several orders of magnitude higher than my proposed idea.
• The chain boots are also not available to every player.
• The idea of having it as a set of ironman-style static effects would be to stop the effects from being lost if the user dies, the chain boots would be a hellofalot more annoying to lose on death anyway than some cheap potion effects anyway.
That's why you're careful ;)

Jubjubers

Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
That's why you're careful ;)
So users should play the game until they've reached the formerly highest-possible player rank, and then save up another couple of thousand cookies, instead of the idea I propose, that would be accessible for any rank, albeit the lower ones may not be able to afford it with frequency? That's a convoluted system for something that's meant to be jovial fun and general silliness.

Reactions: 755someone755