[FTL] Faster Than Light

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com

__________________________________________________________​
Check out NerdCubed's Play-Through and Spotlight of FTL!

Check out TotalBuscuit's WTF is FTL?!

Check out Etalyx's Spotlight of FTL!

__________________________________________________________​
FTL, short for Faster Than Light, is what Matthew Davis and Justin Ma, the creators of this game and owners of Subset Games, would like to call "A Spaceship Simulation Real-Time RougeLike-Like."
Some would say this game is nothing like a RogueLike, and some would disagree. Most would say it's a pretty damn fun game.
FTL is similar to a Dungeon-Crawler type game, only it exists in Outer Space, as you play as a crew aboard a single ship. You are apart of the Federation, a long lasting fleet of authority. But, your fleet was attacked by an army of Rebels, a recently overpowering fleet that fights against the authority of the Federation! You hold vital information that could end up killing off the Federation, if in the wrong hands! Fight off and run from the Rebels as you encounter randomized galaxies, planets, and other ships that could end up either helping you in your journey, or also killing you along the way.
You start your journey on The Kestral, or any name you wish to give to your ship. You have to jump across 8 sectors in order to reach the remaining fleet of Federation, but must empower your ship with the tools, weaponry, additional crew members, and the like that you find along the way--- All while the Rebel Fleet is tailing you; right behind your back.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Oh yeah, this game is amazing. I am either really un-lucky or really bad at the game though. or both. But its worth the money.
I'm pretty terrible, too-- Though, maybe not as much as you'd think. xP

I've gotten to the 8th sector, twice with The Kestral, twice with the Engie Ship-- All died before the end.

I so want to unlock more ships, as well as Type B of The Kestral, but I'm failing at getting the objectives done. xP

I do have some pictures, though;

Current Achievements / Top Scores!

Current Statistics / Top Scores!

• Winner
Reactions: Amorix

eviltomb

Reaction score
i've been playing this and have made it to the flagship about 5 times but get blasted to bits each time. my current favorite ship is the kentral second form (forgot the actual name)

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
i've been playing this and have made it to the flagship about 5 times but get blasted to bits each time. my current favorite ship is the kentral second form (forgot the actual name)
Kestral? The first ship?

And yes, the Kestral Type B is quite awesome. Haven't gotten it yet, though; I've only seen it on YouTube.