FTL: Faster Than Light - A Zombie Roguelike

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
You command the illustrious spaceship of the Federation Fleet known as "The Kestral."
You are on the verge of defeat against the Rebel Armada;
And with intercepted data in hand...
You must reach the main body of your empire in an attempt to shift the course of this war...
Forever.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Name of map : FTL​
Creator(s) : Myself, JKangaroo​
Dimensions : 256x128x128​
Note on map size: Although complaints of Lag on larger maps have been noted, as the map is fully enclosed and is encompassed in small, fully decorated rooms, Lag should be less of an issue in this case, and the map size should work reasonably well. Was discussed with One_one_Two(or possibly omgitsathong. I do not quite remember) on the subject and the size was found to be reasonably fine.​
Also note the outside of the map SHOULD NOT be reachable by any means.​
Round Time : 10 minute standard through possibly 15 minutes due to map size.​
Diggable depth of the map : 1​
Physics : (off) standard​
Which server did you build your map on? : Built on AvantGarde's personal server​
Number of secrets : None. It doesn't need secrets.​
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description and Screenshots of map. :
You are aboard a full-scale replica of the scout-ship dubbed "The Kestral."
There has been a mysterious outbreak aboard the ship, possibly obtained from your last outing on the planets surface in which you are currently orbiting.
It is your task to survive by delving through each individual room of the ship, as seen on the actual ship.
Good luck Soldier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ship Overview
Bridge
Central Command (Map / Meeting Room)
Controls and Communications
Medical Bay
Shield Control Bay
Airlocks
Extra Rooms
Weapons Bay and Armory
Crew Quarters
Engine Core and Outer Engines
Oxygen and Life Support
Teleportation Console
The map is supposed to be semi-difficult, as the amount of hiding spaces should catch humans off guard; but with the size of such a ship, it should also give a reasonable rate of survival. Doors give good, narrow choke-points in order to trap humans in, but also give good means of flight when pursued by zombies. Each room provides a different means of gameplay due to their individual building style / decor placed throughout it, which should also spice up the gameplay somewhat.​
If there is a low amount of players online, it would be suggested that op's cut off a portion of the map if the map is chosen to be played upon to make the gameplay more balanced, and not to pro-human or pro-zombie. (Of course, this only occurs if the map is accept that is! :p)​
If there are any map flaws in the map or possible, please let it be made known in the comments below and I'll fix/contemplate them in due time. Feedback is greatly welcomed. Thank you and goodnight!​
- JKangaroo: Blocktopia's Gentlemanly Squirtle​
Editors Note: All screenshots were taken before the roof of the ship was constructed. All screenshots do not show the entirety of the final product, and is only used to show clearer detail of each particular room in total. We are sorry if there was any confusion.​

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
JKangaroo The last time we tried a 256x map the server nearly crashed. We can try again, but I don't have high hopes.
If I'm not mistaken, traflgar (Excuse me, I've forgotten the spelling of that map), and probably 1 or 2 other maps have been the measure of 256x and such, and have previously been playable on the server.
However, seeing as the majority of those maps were fairly large and also fairly empty for the most part, there was some extreme Lag occurring for certain players. But, as this map is more filled and fully enclosed, that may not be a factor, and should potentially be playable, though I do not know what the server exactly can handle.

If the map isn't playable, I'm sure I can work something out in decreasing the size of the ship and map, and
I can always decrease the main height of the world from 256x128x128 to 256x128x64 to lessen some parts of the map, as the main upper portion is not exactly needed.
Even if it isn't playable; oh well, it's not really that big of a deal.
And besides, I had fun making it.