Foreign language command.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
It's basically a command that could be used to foreign players so that they could read the rules on their own language. basically like this :

*user uses /rules Indonesia
*server gives Indonesian version of the rules

The entry message should say that they can do /rules [languagename]
And the foreign language'd rules should be discussed (or actually, translated) in this thread.

I hope that this will prevent griefing/ignored rules from foreign players that doesn't know English.

DISCUSS!

Reactions: Notme and Araidian

ColorWar

Reaction score
Hmm, we kind of have a database for this in different languages... and when stuff like that usually occurs I just use it, copy and paste it onto IRC :p I guess it might be handy, but its not too much of an effort to copy and paste :/

Specter2k11

Reaction score
This is so that they could read it by themselves when they join the server. So that the staff wouldn't actually need to copy-paste. so it's basically Guest+

and another thing that hits my mind.

The /rules command were to be like this : "/rules playername". Is it hardcoded or it could be easily modifiable so that it could do this : "/rules language playername" "/rules playername language" "/rules playername" "/rules language"

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
since we can use '/rules playername' to show players the rules it would be good to be able to show it to them in their own language, i think '/rules playername language' would be useful

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
See the thing with this is, it's not a useless command.
During difficult interogations, I often encounter things like "there were rules?"
If a player is confused about how this server works, a trusted+ sending these rules to the player would be a great way of reducing accidental trouble and such.
Doesn't really seem to hard to code, I would definatly use this from time to time.
Both more convenient and effecient.

Specter2k11

Reaction score
Reactions: Araidian

Summer10

Reaction score
I see like what they did for Zombie? In that case they will probably ask you to layout some rules in different languages
This is for the ingame lava survival rules. INGAME.
They can check that thread if they're browsing our forums.
If they're just too lazy to come to the forums and look at it then my suggestion could be more useful.
(and since people actually never bothers with the forums unless they get banned)
Zombie is setting up a wiki page they are actually making a command

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
no summer you misunderstood I meant as in for them to code the rules in-game they need it in different languages so they should post it here so whoever codes it can look here to know what to write

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
I'm pretty sure that there is already a /text command in-game that could be enabled to display the rules in a foreign language. /text rules_indonesia would then display the text.

It's been ages since I really used that command and I may have disabled it, but knowing me a HC just needs to set its perms lower and load in the text files.

Reactions: 123

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
I love this idea, so many people are probably from different countries and they cant understand what we type and what we are asking them, and it would help the op+ that froze a griefer/flooder/modifier, and they speak a different language, the op+ can understand them