For those who work on the wiki; check this new plugin we have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well, recently the Blocktopia wiki installed a neat new plugin that should make life a little easier around here. Basically, it allows you to directly add images to the wiki, without having to first upload them to the site. To use it, just copy and paste the direct link to the image. It's really easy! :)

IE. If you find a nice image on the internet which the wiki needs, copy the link to it and paste it (without wiki code) onto the page, like so:
http://images.wikia.com/spongebob/images/e/e0/Random_fish_crazy.jpg

It will automatically appear like this:

Just thought everyone should know so they can utilise the plugin.

Special thanks to @uhtr5r for finding the plugin and @GmK for installing it :)

Reactions: Friendy

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I don't think so. Well atleast I doesn't work with PhP for now. You can test it out though.

But uhtr is supposedly working on something to allow PhP images to show, and thus auto skin-updating staff lists ;)
Well, This is sorta a Grey-Area, only the Primordia staff list, and HA staff list are currently updating, this is due to the way It's set up, and If it where to update all staff, it would not be efficient at all, (It's not all that efficient now anyway) And wold require a larger run-on sentence than this is already, Talk to me on irc for the Info.

But, If someone has a Linux shell (bash) and would like the script used, I'd gladly share it with them. (best if set as a cron-job one every day or two, else it would only update the image(s) each time you ran the script, and the source the images are taken from, are only updated once per day)

Status
Not open for further replies.