Flares

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
This seems to be the place for Map Suggestions, so here is a suggestion for the maps.
Since the update to 1.4, they added fireworks, so I thought what if maybe 1,2 red ball with medium height fireworks were added to each hunter kit, so that the location of a player can be easily visualised, and used as a flare.

Just an idea.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
If fireworks work off data values, anyone can add them into kits. If they work like potions with metadata, not so much.

They probably work like potions, given the number of effects. :( Guess I need to code something in to make them possible. :)

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I really like this idea even though I don't play AOD much, but mightn't it open up opportunities to team troll? Shoot up a flare in a random place and all the hunters go running to it but there are no survivors actually there.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I really like this idea even though I don't play AOD much, but mightn't it open up opportunities to team troll? Shoot up a flare in a random place and all the hunters go running to it but there are no survivors actually there.
We would count that as not showing good sportsmanship, and punish them. :)

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
I actually really like this idea. Perhaps even implementing it with the /h command could be interesting.
If it was to be implemented with /h, I assume it would have to add it to the players inventory, I dont think it is possible for it to be fired via command :/

If fireworks work off data values, anyone can add them into kits. If they work like potions with metadata, not so much.
They probably work like potions, given the number of effects. :( Guess I need to code something in to make them possible. :)
I presented this as an idea, and as a result I dont know if it can be coded or not, but I think it would be hard because the potions are in the creative inventory for a start, fireworks are not and have to be custom made. Once in the inventory, they do not feature an item id either which is rather annoying. Not sure how it will work.

Edit:
Just looked into trying to find the absolute id of a certain firework type. I found a tutorial on how to spawn it with worldedit, but im not totally sure about how to find the ID needed.

I would suggest probably a firework with:
Height: 5
Red
Large ball

hpesoj8

Reaction score
Would something like this work for /m too? That might not be necessary. Also, /s? I'm just pointing out some things since the idea was brought up...

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I actually really like this idea. Perhaps even implementing it with the /h command could be interesting.
That's actually a really good idea, as half of players don't even use coords, resulting in help, spotting and marking commands being somewhat reserved for player's who can use coords.
Having a firework shoot up when a player uses a command could be quite good, especially for new player who will see Hunter23 marked POTATO at 49898 388599 +-087, and die of confusion.

I don't think a firework in the players inventory would be necessary, because if they are merely spawned at the players head or whatever, it will travel staight up and go kablooie. Complications may arise, though, when a player uses it indooors or something, because if the firework is modified to noclip through all surfaces, it will cause confusion as the the playeres exact location, and if the fire work is normal, it will hit any roof and explode there, meaning that people who are above or below cannot see the signal.
Another coding obstacle would be the team aspects, as when you /mark or whatever, it only give the coords to your team, but if a regualr firework is shot up, all player can see it, alerting Survivors that their ally in is need of aid, the spotted that they are being watched, and the Hunters, indicating that one of their own is requesting help. This could result in a Hunter spotting a player or a Survivor requesting help, and all players then conering to that location in an all-out bloodbath that will probably end the round fairly quickly afterwards.

If it can be done, it would be cool, though.
/m a enchantment table, bvlue flare go up, request help, red flare. Survivor i =s getting away, /s and yellow flare alerts other Hunters.
It also might help the fact that many players ignore coord listings even if they can use them, which could change gameplay drastically. It could possibly be an optional feature in the input file, although thats even more coding.

Blargh, my brain is tired. I'm going to stop now.

• Agree
Reactions: Olix