Flags on CTF

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Well, another ctf suggestion. I noticed today, that a team could not win the round because someone took the flag and then started building some kind of base, and didn't return it. The team literally couldn't win, because no one killed him. So my suggestion is, if a person doesn't take the flag to their teams base within a reasonable amount of time, could the flag be returned, so that something like that doesn't happen again?

Edit: Also, anyone with an idea of how much time would be appreicated. Maybe it could be dependent on map?

Too many question marks!!!

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Well, another ctf suggestion. I noticed today, that a team could not win the round because someone took the flag and then started building some kind of base, and didn't return it. The team literally couldn't win, because no one killed him. So my suggestion is, if a person doesn't take the flag to their teams base within a reasonable amount of time, could the flag be returned, so that something like that doesn't happen again?

Edit: Also, anyone with an idea of how much time would be appreicated. Maybe it could be dependent on map?

Too many question marks!!!
*usually* you can find a kind person on the other team who will kill them for you.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
There was plans to make a mode of CTF where you could only capture the enemy flag if you had your own at base.

Well. It's very easy to implement I suppose, but it means A: You get much less flag scores and B: Some map 'flag detectors' would need to be changed, and C: maps like CTF-Corridors or CTF-Waterfalls would have to have inaccessible spawn zones.

That'd make it so that you'd have to kill the enemy flag-nub to get the enemy flag captured.

But the afforementioned reasons mess it up.

The other method I was thinking was when you pick up the flag, it initiates a command which ticks down from when you take the flag. Problems with this involve that you cannot activate more than one command block at any given time, and whilst the timer is still ticking you simply can't return the enemy flag. I could've made this into an event however there is a very fine limit to what the event can do, and I don't want another payload run in the event, which is about 300 condition checks & command executions every single second.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
By "make a rule" I mean a BANWORTHY rule.
Surely every rule is banworthy?

Personally I don't think that the current method should be changed. Normally the person who picks up the flag has a rough idea of what to do with it, or is fairly quickly killed (especially on Waterfalls, Osiris and Corridors)!

DJS0102

Reaction score
Kloud_Strife said:
Not neccesarily. I disagree with making that a bannable rule, some of these people just dont speak english.
Isn't it a rule to speak english in chat on TNT? Thus the people might get a warning, so there is no point in warning them again for the same (basic) problem.

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
First things first, building is against the rules. If the player is caught building, staff take will take action, so basically if they dont stop, eventually they will be kicked, and the flag will be reset. Also, they are most likely going to ask what to do with the flag once there building is gone.

~DJJonosound

Celebrir

Reaction score
How about a command which allowes to drop the flag for other team mates. If this cmd gets activated a vote starts and only the own team can vote.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
How about a command which allowes to drop the flag for other team mates. If this cmd gets activated a vote starts and only the own team can vote.
If someone doesn't know what to do with a flag, why would they know to use the command?

I think the flags on CTF maps work well as they are, there is no need to complicate things further.

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
Would it be possible to do a check on the flag holder's position? Like, if the person hasn't moved in say, 20-30 seconds, it would return the flag to base for "idling." Or maybe have some sort of 20-30 second timer like the AFK-kick that checks for movement or chatting?

I would imagine this forces another script to be run every second, though.

EDIT: Not sure what I was thinking here, as this would only help with people who go AFK with the flag. Never mind.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
First things first, building is against the rules. If the player is caught building, staff take will take action, so basically if they dont stop, eventually they will be kicked, and the flag will be reset. Also, they are most likely going to ask what to do with the flag once there building is gone.

~DJJonosound
Actually, when a person gets kicked and/or disconnected while holding the flag, it breaks the game. The flag vanishes.