Film Making!

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone else here into making short films/generic video production? It's a lot of fun, I highly recommend it. Would love to see your work if you've filmed something, post it in this thread!

Here is my latest effort (I don't actually appear in the video, I just did the filming/editing and some of the directing):

Reactions: scotty12345

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
It was good. Really anyone who says it was a bad effort for practice really doesn't know what they're talking about.

Quick tips that I hope will help you:
- Avoid off screen dialogue. It's honestly really awkward unless well placed. With the conversation of the two girls in the beginning whenever one girl speaks the camera should catch that. Yes focusing on the knife and the other girl's reaction is good but unless there's some emotion we really needed to catch from the curly haired girl the camera on her face wasn't necessary. A good ploy for when you need the camera to pan to an object of importance is to do with when the other character is speaking. Via, the camera could've paned to the knife when curly haired girl was speaking and then returned to long haired girl.

- Over doing special effects. I understand you were trying to intensify the scene, but it really just brought me out of the story and more focused on the effects themselves. They really didn't make sense with the story with the random camera blurbs.

- Make sure your actors redo the same actions. A little edgy on this one. I mean if they're just doing it for fun a little error from them is fine, but really if they do one action it needs to carry over to the next camera shot. ((long hair girl with her arms behind her back at 0:38))

Hope you have fun filming though. It was good quality.

• Useful
Reactions: OgroovysamO

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It was good. Really anyone who says it was a bad effort for practice really doesn't know what they're talking about.

Quick tips that I hope will help you:
- Avoid off screen dialogue. It's honestly really awkward unless well placed. With the conversation of the two girls in the beginning whenever one girl speaks the camera should catch that. Yes focusing on the knife and the other girl's reaction is good but unless there's some emotion we really needed to catch from the curly haired girl the camera on her face wasn't necessary. A good ploy for when you need the camera to pan to an object of importance is to do with when the other character is speaking. Via, the camera could've paned to the knife when curly haired girl was speaking and then returned to long haired girl.

- Over doing special effects. I understand you were trying to intensify the scene, but it really just brought me out of the story and more focused on the effects themselves. They really didn't make sense with the story with the random camera blurbs.

- Make sure your actors redo the same actions. A little edgy on this one. I mean if they're just doing it for fun a little error from them is fine, but really if they do one action it needs to carry over to the next camera shot. ((long hair girl with her arms behind her back at 0:38))

Hope you have fun filming though. It was good quality.

Cheers for the feedback dude!

Always looking to improve my work, this film was shot and edited within 24 hours so it was slightly rushed in some places, but I'm overall really pleased with the result.

Hopefully I will be producing more content like this so keep an eye open ;)