Status
Not open for further replies.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Name of map: File City

Author: TubaRiver

Size: 130x150 (it's a square-ish rectangle so its good :D )

Map boundary: There are 2 sponges, one for spawn, the other for center of map. center of map sponge is located at 75 ,75 (on top of water fountain)

Kits: UPDATED
Humans:
Rookie (wooden Sword, leather boots, bread X10 )
Champion (Stone Sword, leather boots)
Ultimate (bow, arrows X10, leather boots)

Hunters:
Leader (Iron Sword, leather tunic, bow, arrows X10, potion of healing)
Rookie (wooden sword, Leather X20, potion of healing)
Champion (Stone sword, leather pants, potion of healing)
Ultimate (bow, arrows X15, leather pants,potion of healing)

Random or choose kits?: Random

Screenshots:

Notes: This is a fairly small-ish sized map i know, but i believe it holds alot of promise. We have digital world and yggdrasil for CMP zombie, so i figured to add another "digimon-themed" map for AoD. Thus file city from digimon world 1 the video game.

I understand there are alot of blank fields a little passed the city (due to building on a flatland map and nothing is there in the game) but im pretty sure i blocked them from anyone being able to enter, if blocks become unbreakable.

The buildtime is 2:00, and roundtime: 10:00, all blocks should be unbreakable except fire blocks (you will see why ;) ). all Blocks should also be non place-able.

Extra note: i would show how the city SHOULD LOOK, from the game but i can't find any photos of the full city. Probably because this game was made in 1998 i believe. I'd have to find my game and take photos of it from my TV screen.

Important note: not sure why my MCedit it being a jerk right now. it was working fine but won't anymore. . . . so the spawn is messed up. You will probably spawn in a tree at the edge of the map border. Thus i created a second sponge at coords: x 37.0, z 71.5. If someone would kindly move my spawn to there i'd love you forever!!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?b31qnbl1981afxw

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Like you said the map is kinda small but lets try it out and see how it goes. There is diamonds on this map and I would say they are allright sence its really hard to actualy get to the other diamond for a sword. All the other chests are allright and I think it should balance out the hunters and survivors. +1

EDIT: Yes looked at the rookie class again and noticed it was given only a wooden sword and 2 food. Maybe you can base it off the chef kit on other maps and give them some different food or more?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I think kits should be looked at again. All they are is one kit one-upping another (aside from survivor's Ultimate). This puts lots of players at a fair advantage over those unfortunate (E.G. Champion beats Rookie in all ways). Instead, have each class have a certain purpose so that no one class dominates all rest in all ways. For example, in other maps we have Chef, Warrior, and Bowman. Chef doesn't have ranged or melee power, but can survive moving around more due to having more food. Warrior doesn't have as much food or ranged power, but can deal out more damage at close range. And etc.

Meanwhile, the kits on this are either you got screwed as rookie or you got lucky as another class.

Airkid

Reaction score
Good map but the kits are uneven but that can be fixed easily. I downloaded the map to take a look, I saw nothing wrong with it, chests were alright. As you said, the map is a bit small, but I think the gameplay will go well. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.