• Plain stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Greetings~. After being bored shitless (Not being able to connect to the server) I decided to set up a gameplay challenge in singleplayer.
Natural Vegetarian Nomadic challenge:
RULES:
You must play by nomad rules: Keep progressing, Do not stay at one location for longer than a week.
-Do not return to any visited locations.
-Do not build houses or shelter, find your own natural shelter.
-You're a vegetarian, No meat, Including Zombie Flesh.
-You may not mine for ores.
-You may not edit villages, you may take food from the farms, but replant.
-Play on hardcore, Die and you lose.
-Only use campfires at night. No torches.
-You may not create crafting tables or furnaces, only use ones you find in Villages

I also decided to keep up a journey of my travels wich will be updated from time to time.
Enjoy~

JOURNAL:
Day one
Shortly after generating a new world I found myself at the shore of an ocean extending for miles with nothing more than desert the other way.
After heading north-east for a while hunger started to kick in forcing me to walk.
Luckily I found a village not too soon after. Quickly harvesting (and replanting) the farms I noticed a large orange pillar.
Little did I know it was a desert temple. Quickly looting the place I got several iron ingots, Some horse armor and 2 diamonds.
After making my way out of the hole using a tower of TNT (That I put to use soon afterwards) I rested in a nearby village.
Apparently the villagers had a zombie problem, vigilant as ever I fought them off for the villagers.

Day two
I couldn't find myself to be able to sleep so I traveled out for a midnight stroll, the zombies saw this as their chance to siege the entire village.
Not much left to salvage, I headed North-East and passed a dried riverbed, Until i was forced to swim across the ocean.
After half a night of swimming I encountered land, as the dawn of a new day broke. I crossed a forested mountain back into the desert.
After a short stroll I came across my next village. Of course to survive here I need to get flint and steel for a campfire.
At the village I encountered a popular salesman selling flint and tinder for 5 emeralds each.
If I wanted to make a big journey I could use two or three of those for campfires. One of the local villagers saw me rustling trough my empty pockets and employed me at his farm for 21 wheat for an emerald.
I started harvesting as at the end of the day I got two full emeralds.
Meanwhile Night was slowly falling and all the villagers crowded into a pub in the middle of town.
Me and my employer went in. Drank a beer together as a few ladies took him outside the backyard.
Not too soon after a shady looking fella walked up to me offering me a cheaper job. 18 wheat for 1 emerald. When I was about to say yes I saw my employer standing in the door opening, staring at me threateningly.
I know that guy needs the wheat for his family so I politely turned him down and traveled to the nearby church where the priest kindly offered me to stay.

Updates will be posted later

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Day three
During the night I noticed the priest was very quiet. He was mumbling a bit to himself and then, in the middle of the night he ran out and got nommed ny a zombie.
Well. I didn't leave any fingerprints.
The next morning the town was unusually quiet. The villagers all disappeared. Soon found them in the pub; All turned into zombies.
So much for tools.
I traveled further and in the late afternoon I arrived in a new village. I walked into the pub to find the butcher and a few farmers talk about setting up a party. After kindly declining their request for me to get them fish I walked out. One of the local farmers employed me for a slightly better job; 20 wheat for an emerald. I kindly accepted his request and started harvesting. After getting one more emerald night fell. I decided to stay in the pub tonight. After carefully making sure the doors are all locked I sat down, ordered a pint of beer and waited for the day to come.

Now I think of it, I didn't like that other village anyway. I could've sworn they were playing. Justin Beiber that night...

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I'm going to do this. Is there any specific goal other than seeing how long you can survive?
Not really. I guess you people could get the vanilla achieves but. That's be hardly possible with the rules set. I personally am just going for getting as far as possible before dying or the world becomes too big to load.

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well that was short lived.

Day One
I woke up in a strange, unfamiliar place. For miles just...Grass. Being an herbalist back home, I decided to nab a few seeds before being on my way. I myself was a healer, but my wife...She loved flowers. I made it a point to collect every flower I could. After I few hours of walking, I hear a rumbling from my abdomen. So hungry...I crested a hill and there was an abundance of poultry. Alas, I could never bring myself to eat flesh, let alone slaughter the poor thing myself. Not even an egg to take the edge off.

Night One
Several more hours. A dozen or so more flowers. I find myself out of the monotonous plains. Instead, I was in a desert. A freaking desert! ...The sun was starting to set and there's a small cove next to a pond to hide out in. I was just starting to drift to sleep when an arrow struck the wall near me and the whole place collapsed! I ran as fast as I could, but lost sight of my path. I fell into a hole, and another undead archer was waiting for me at the bottom. I scrambled up, my sheep nearly roasted. I ran away and found another, safer, cove hole.

Day Two
So bleeding hungry! I'm exhausted, all these flowers are weighing me down, but releasing them would mean releasing any remaining memories of my beloved wife. I feel myself dying of hunger...If only I could eat these damned flowers! Or even a bloody cactus! I can't stand it anymore!! I lost my mind and tackled a cactus.

gg.
It was a fun twenty minutes ;-;

• Winner
Reactions: Duffie

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Well that was short lived.

Day One
I woke up in a strange, unfamiliar place. For miles just...Grass. Being an herbalist back home, I decided to nab a few seeds before being on my way. I myself was a healer, but my wife...She loved flowers. I made it a point to collect every flower I could. After I few hours of walking, I hear a rumbling from my abdomen. So hungry...I crested a hill and there was an abundance of poultry. Alas, I could never bring myself to eat flesh, let alone slaughter the poor thing myself. Not even an egg to take the edge off.

Night One
Several more hours. A dozen or so more flowers. I find myself out of the monotonous plains. Instead, I was in a desert. A freaking desert! ...The sun was starting to set and there's a small cove next to a pond to hide out in. I was just starting to drift to sleep when an arrow struck the wall near me and the whole place collapsed! I ran as fast as I could, but lost sight of my path. I fell into a hole, and another undead archer was waiting for me at the bottom. I scrambled up, my sheep nearly roasted. I ran away and found another, safer, cove hole.

Day Two
So bleeding hungry! I'm exhausted, all these flowers are weighing me down, but releasing them would mean releasing any remaining memories of my beloved wife. I feel myself dying of hunger...If only I could eat these damned flowers! Or even a bloody cactus! I can't stand it anymore!! I lost my mind and tackled a cactus.

gg.
It was a fun twenty minutes ;-;
you can always try again :D Updates to my adventure will be posted tomorrow~

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Welp, I may give this a go, but I'm definitely going to play on the Yogscast Complete pack, so it may be a bit easier for me. xD

When you say no torches, would it be fine to just have a torch in hand with Dynamic Lighting on, and not be able to place torches?

Also, getting into certain mods that require you building a structure, like Ars Magicka, will me so much harder with this challenge. xD

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Day 4
The night in the café was a stressfull one. I said I hated that other village for playing Justin Beiber?
Well this one's playing One Direction over and over again. Oh well.
I was about to go outside to go and get some fresh air. But my employer blocked the door.
Are all employers so opressive?
The next day, early in the morning a villager came speeding over the hills, claiming he found something.
Me and a few others follow him and we found it; A man, slumped over a cactus, clinging onto a boquet of neatly picked flowers.
Poor fucker must've died from the heat or something.
Under much protest of the local town butchers; we buried him at the same place he died.
Not much later I found out the town's only merchant who sold flint and steel died last night in an hillarious well accident.
Late afternoon I politely wished everyone goodbye and got out of the village to continue my journey.
The moment I looked around the two town butchers came speeding to the man's grave, dug up his body and took it to the butchershop.
They'll regret their decision once they find out I stuffed the guy with a cactus before burying him.

Day 5
After a long walk the day came. I found another village; the first one with a furnace. The smith offered me his well-crafted iron boots, chestplate and sword for a cheap price.
I accepted, took his gear, smelted some potatoes and continued my journey. Less than 100 metres further there was a second village.
They were all wearing dildo's as hats...
Quickly evading the village I came into a huge valley with multiple sheep. I sheared them all with the shears I bought from the villagers, knowing the villages always monopolize wool.
I travelled further, going from the forest into the desert again. Not too long after I found another temple, night was falling aswell.
I claimed the temple's treasure; A bunch of iron ingots, more diamonds, craploads of gold and-
A saddle! Now only to find a donkey and my journey can really start.
I snuggled in the temples' corner, waiting for the day to come again.

Reactions: Timdood3

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Day 6
After a short travel I came across a second desert temple. Fucking hell how did I get two desert temples so closely?
Anyway, I ran into the temple, ready to claim the treasure when; A creeper was down there... He ran onto the pressure plate and-
Boom. Gone.
I wanted to get some sand when I found a ton of zombies coming from the towers. And I mean a ton. Clinging on for dear life I jumped down into the hole just to find myself in a large, cave system.
Now all I need to do is get out...

Day... 7... I think
After a long route down trough the cave systems I came across two ravines and an old mineshat
intersecting each other. I claimed some bread and coal from the chests after wich I continued trough the mineshaft.
I found two buckets and a weird book in a dungeon. The books... Glowing for some reason. Might just be me going insane tough.
I even found some precious gemstones. But, I didn't have anything to mind it with.
I'm progressing tough. I might be onto a path to the surface.
On the bright (heh) side. I found some flint, allowing me to make a lighter; finally!
I celebrated by setting the mineshaft's support structures.

Day... iDunno
I travelled trough multiple ravines when I saw something. Sandstone! But no open hole to the surface... Hmm. I used one of the explosive charges from my first temple and- It worked! I'm out!

Day 8
Not much happened, just a long walk, raiding more desert temples when-
That's new... A tower?
Yeah night was falling too, I traveled to the tower to find a crafting table and some furnaces.
How interesting...
((YES I INSTALLED THE BLUE VANILLA MOD. THIS WAS TOO BORING.))

UPDATE:
Day 9
Let me spare you the boring details. "OOH BUTTON!"
*Explosion*

I'm going to restart from scratch I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamsanity