Op Purple :D
Contributor
Reaction score
Map Name: Tube.v2
Map Authors: jackamel
Game Type: FFA
Download: Create /warp Tube
Round Time: Whatever current tube is

Tube.v2 is a remake of the current tube map. With longer/wider platforms, and an improved mezzanine with staircases at both ends, its all good to go. Same kits as current map.

Last edited:

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Jackamel,

The first time I looked at your changes I thought Huh!? what is different. After looking at it a little bit more and comparing it with the current Tube (,and reading what you changed) I started noticing the small changes you made. Frankly, I like those changes. The stairs are a bit wider, you added some jump pads, and you changed the blue color in the map to red, which are all things I enjoy in Tube.v2. You also made the platform over all a bit longer/wider, which I did not mind, but did not feel the need for either.

Overall, your edit has some small edits that might not be noticed on first sight, but improve still improve the map and will be noticed over time. In my opinion there is no reason not to change Tube.v1 to Tube.v2.

+1

G

Guest35486

Hi Jackamel, thanks for the map submission!

Like HK has mentioned, Tube v2 is pretty similar to current version of Tube on the server, but has some small changes that may alter the gameplay. Overall it does look nicer and brings additional elements into the game. For example, the jump pads and wider stairs may allow people to go between the different levels more than the current setup, especially since the current Tube is pretty one-sided.

While I don't think the first version needs any major changes, I can see these changes making the gameplay more interesting. I don't mind testing this on the server.

+1

G

Guest35486

Thanks for the map Jackamel!

While this version may seem a bit similar to the original, we believe that the adjustments would improve the gameplay of Tube. It is now on the server. Please let Comp know if there are any issues with the map.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.