Extra karma suggestion

aperson155

The ape
Reaction score
Ever think that you deserve more karma for surviving consecutive rounds?
Here's my suggestion.
I think that players should receive extra karma for surviving rounds continually without being zombied/logging off.
The karma gaining system should be something like...

Surviving once : Regular +3 human karma
Surviving twice : Regular +3 human karma and an additional +2 karma
Surviving three times in a row: Regular +3 human karma and an additional +3 human karma
Surviving four times and
Surviving five times in a row : Regular +3 human karma and an additional +4 human karma
Surviving six times in a row: Regular +3 human karma and an additional +5 human karma
And so on.

Pros :
- Would give players a little encouragement to continue trying to survive rounds
- Trying to go for bear grylls (10 wins in a row) would also give a chance to gain extra karma in the process
-Won't change up game play too much

Cons :
(Need some feedback/criticism)

- _aperson155_

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
If this is possible I'm all for it, though I could care less about karma, but if it gives players an incentive to play without altering the gameplay I would like to see it in, the current karma system is nice (though I don't know how it works) and it gives the players that incentive, having it in an organized format would be great I think.
EDIT: this reminds me of the old rep system, but better because it won't appear behind, I believe, names and so I don't think there will really be much bragging.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Anything that refreshes the gameplay sounds great to me (which is why I was a full supporter of 23 awards).

I'm fully behind this idea. Plus, pros that survive consecutive rounds deserve it.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Well, If you really think about it, It could change game play as Humans will stalk all the good players that survive regularly and the players will get really aggitated because they are being stalked for their hiding spots, It does happen and when It happens to me it really gets on my nerves.

But I'm for it, What about zombie karma? Every 2 kills you get +1 Karma added?

aperson155

The ape
Reaction score
I think the karma gaining system is something like this
For humans :
Survive with 9 minutes left = 1 human karma
Survive with 6 minutes left = 2 human karma
Survive with 3 minutes left = 3 human karma
Survive the round = 3 human karma

For zombies :
For the zombies.. I'm not sure
I think you get +1 karma every two kills after the 4th kill.
So, after you get 4 kills (1 karma) you get 1 more at 2 more kills and etc. (I may be wrong)
And consecutive kills (2x, 3x 4x) already receive additional zombie karma. So I don't think the karma system as a zombie should be changed.

EDIT:: Even if you survive consecutive rounds in the server as it is right now, players following the good players wouldn't really change with this idea. The good players will just get extra karma, whether or not they have people following them

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
EDIT:: Even if you survive consecutive rounds in the server as it is right now, players following the good players wouldn't really change with this idea. The good players will just get extra karma, whether or not they have people following them
This. Getting more karma than we have now wouldn't make people follow One_Survivor more, for example. It's just the same gameplay but with an added incentive to try harder.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I don't even know how karma system works, I mean I have like 1600 human karma and 150 zombie karma, and I'm not sure how you get karma. Is it like for example you are last human and survive, does that get you 34 human karma points if the server is full? Or if I eat 5 humans will that get me 5 zombie karma? Or what? Someone please explain it to me.

kraby1