explaining how to play game command

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that there are more and more new players everyday asking how to play.
There is lots of time being used to explain that can easily be saved. If there is a command like /explaingame ect. we can tell the new players to just use that than explaining the game every time. I have searched and do not belive there is any such command if so disregard this post. This command can also show some of the basic commands like /left or /time.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
That's actually what (most) variables are here for; they can help initially then be explained a bit more in-depth. I don't know about you, but I actually prefer staff telling people instead of being lazy and having the new player use a command/be told a generic answer. It shows competence in a trusted+ (specifically trusted). I also believe that /help does the job well enough. This is all just my opinion, at least.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I am completely against this. Its our jobs to help newer players understand how to play the game. It is best if people here it from somebody else because we can mold what we are going to say so that the other player understands it better. As Forseti was saying about variables, I never use them to explain something to somebody. The only ones I use are for last legal (Which I have stopped a bit) and just fun ones. People need to get readjusted to using /help if they are confused.

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
Usally I am okay wit explainting it to players but today I thought that it could be useful wen I explained to 4 different players in under 30 minuets that is why this came to my mind.