Esper Village Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Village name: Esper
Village theme: Castle in the Imperial Age.
Introduction of your village: A colossal stone castle, jutting from the misty edge of the jungle. Esper is a place like no other- combining the most splendid and opulent architecture with an outwards air of command and power. Although we are small in numbers, our spirit of adventure and achievement leads us to amazing heights as we strive to bend the world to the best of our abilities.

The approximate coordinates of the Village center: 1600, -500

Members(included yourself and leaders):
Hockeyfan1852- Leader
Crashb23- Co-Leader
Risky_Chance- Trusted
JohnOgozalek- Trusted

Prefered tag: [Esper]

Screenshot of the village:

Why should your village be official: We are a hard working group of dedicated players to the server and playing. We trust each other enough to combine all our items for each other to use. We would be a great addition to JtE because we are one of the few establishments with a max of four members so this will be our final roster. Our progress so far is very great and we have tons of projects planned.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
They've worked hard for this I can promise you, I've spent a lot of time there and every time I go its larger and improved. Although I really would love to see some houses around it, I think its safe to say they deserve village. Good luck!

+1

Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
This looks great! (Although a few extra houses wouldn't hurt) I have been there ones like 2 Weeks ago. And holy moly you improved it a lot. Expanding won't be a problem I think and I'm sure you'll be able to find some more people to join. I'm giving you a thumbs up. +1

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Well first off, I love the overall castle. It is amazing and definetely was well planned out. The only thing I dislike looking at it from the outside is the lights littered everywhere.

Second, I felt the basement area was just as awesome, but besides that where do you guys live? I see 3 floors littered with lights and dirt stairs! With how well planned out it looked from the outside/basement, I was sure I would find elegant living spaces, and many other interesting rooms.

Overall, I feel this is looking like a well planned on town/village, and will be one eventually but until then all I see is a nice castle, farms, mine and enchanted area.

• Informative

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Well first off, I love the overall castle. It is amazing and definetely was well planned out. The only thing I dislike looking at it from the outside is the lights littered everywhere.

Second, I felt the basement area was just as awesome, but besides that where do you guys live? I see 3 floors littered with lights and dirt stairs! With how well planned out it looked from the outside/basement, I was sure I would find elegant living spaces, and many other interesting rooms.

Overall, I feel this is looking like a well planned on town/village, and will be one eventually but until then all I see is a nice castle, farms, mine and enchanted area.

There's a secret lever in the bookcases room that leads to a meeting room/ vault with other features. We are working on filling the rest of the castle.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My thoughts, hmmm.... I love the look of the castle, it looks wonderfully shaped and is quite appealing to the eye, the only thing I'm slightly worried about is there appears to be no work done yet on the upper floors, the fact that this is the area that will most likely be seen to visitors it probably should have had some work done to it before applying. I've seen your underground floors so I know you can put some great work in desgining the upper floors so right now I'm going with a 0 but goodluck, I just feel if you had no plans for having new members you should of had more of the castle complete before applying as it means you don't plan on applying for town or city afterwards, which might have motivated you to keep going with these projects you have planned (Not saying you aren't motivated though, if you achieve your goal this early on you might become bored and slow down the pace of your construction). Not to be discouraged though! Good luck with the rest of your application!

• Informative

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I do like the castle in itself - it is quite impressive, well planned out and secret rooms aplenty. However, my issue is:
we are one of the few establishments with a max of four members so this will be our final roster.
I am not sure how much I like a village that's not going to expand member-wise, and if one member leaves, the village/castle may crumble down. I'm not saying if you are to be accepted you have to go on an acceptance streak, but it may be nice to bulk up a bit. I do see progress with builds themselves and you guys are very active as a whole (an operator and a citizen prove this, at the least).
I'll go with a +1 right now, due to a solid theme, impressive castle and active group in general, though more members would be nice! ;)

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
My thoughts, hmmm.... I love the look of the castle, it looks wonderfully shaped and is quite appealing to the eye, the only thing I'm slightly worried about is there appears to be no work done yet on the upper floors, the fact that this is the area that will most likely be seen to visitors it probably should have had some work done to it before applying. I've seen your underground floors so I know you can put some great work in desgining the upper floors so right now I'm going with a 0 but goodluck, I just feel if you had no plans for having new members you should of had more of the castle complete before applying as it means you don't plan on applying for town or city afterwards, which might have motivated you to keep going with these projects you have planned (Not saying you aren't motivated though, if you achieve your goal this early on you might become bored and slow down the pace of your construction). Not to be discouraged though! Good luck with the rest of your application!
One of the major reasons we applied was to participate in the upcoming Parliament meeting, we have many projects ahead of us to keep us busy. Thanks for you opinion though.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Keeping in mind you want your say in the Parliament, I've made my mind up. As mentioned before some things do seem like they need a purpose, but hey! Its a great looking castle, built by a hard working group of great players, and even if they have low player size, they make up for it with the amount of effort each one of them put into it. I'm looking forward to see how this town of Esper progresses! +1

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Completely and utterly unbiased response- Esper is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, built by handsome and amazing players. They are really, really, cool, and we should all give them big +1's.

Really though, I think the castle/rooms are a good start, and I know we are not going to stop before this is finished. More buildings will be built when the castle is finished, but we don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves.

So yeah, completely impartial and unbiased (sarcasm) +1 to myself!

D

DarkHender

I'm iffy about this, when I look around yes I see potential but.. There is no place for sleeping or anything. It's mostly the only thing that concerns me. Except for it not being symmetrical...
Though, I do you're ambitious and will carry on working on Epser for a while.
I was thinking of a -1 at first but now, I'm giving a +1

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Originally I was at a 0, but now I'm leaning forward.

At first I was a bit concerned about the emptiness of the actual castle which is a big standout for Esper and how the underground was the only thing being worked on - not going to lie, the underground was pretty nice and neat. Apart from a room or two on the ground floor being incomplete I really did like the interior. Now for the exterior - I love the shape, design and colour scheme of it but I believe it could do with a little bit more detail but hell, it's still beautiful the way it is, just a little thing that doesn't really matter too much.

Now with the improvement you posted, you're showing you're determined to get this rank of a village and to step outside the boundaries and make it better and better during the deciding process. You've worked on the criticism you've been getting which is always a plus!

Not much else to say than a pleasant +1 from me!

Q

Qube

Right, Biblius is away so i will decide on this village application.

And i'm afraid it will be denied, for now. What you have built so far on your castle looks very good, but i feel you have rushed to get an application out, seeing as the majority of the castle is infact still being built! I'm not saying that your village has to be complete before you apply, because it certainly doesn't, but as it stands now its a bit too early for you guys.

As our lovely staff has said above tho, what you have made so far looks great, and you have a distinct theme that you follow, and i'd be happy to see you apply again in the very near future! Just with a bit more time spent on getting the castle completed, less half done floors and huge empty rooms!
And with the positive votes you have gotten here, i'm sure it would be no problem to gain village status in the future.

I hope to see a new village application from you soon enough, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.