Esper Village Application II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Village name: Esper
Village theme: Castle in the Imperial Age.
Introduction of your village: A colossal stone castle, jutting from the misty edge of the jungle. Esper is a place like no other- combining the most splendid and opulent architecture with an outwards air of command and power. Although we are small in numbers, our spirit of adventure and achievement leads us to amazing heights as we strive to bend the world to the best of our abilities.

The approximate coordinates of the villagecenter: 1600, -500

Members(included yourself and leaders):
Hockeyfan1852- Leader
Crashb23- Co-Leader
Risky_Chance- Trusted
JohnOgozalek- Trusted

Prefered tag: [Esper]

Screenshot of the village:

Why should your village be official: After the last application we have remodeled the first floor adding places like The Exchange and The Emerald Suite. Also we have bonded and gotten to know each other a lot more. On the 2nd level we have added a Parkour Challenge made by Crashb23 (He is still working on it) We also build a grand dining hall, and the V.I.P room and Kitchen are still being worked on. We have also participated in dungeons together and everyone seems to like it here. I feel we have progressed a lot since our last application and feel confident submitting this one.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Revisited, my current thoughts...

I think the basement where you keep the farms and such is still done nicely. I think the main room you enter at was redone stunningly as well! I love the addition of The Exchange room and can't wait to see the Emerald Suite!

Now, my cons...

The second floor: The parkour bit (as much as I love a good parkour challenge!) feels out of place to me. The room also just feels generally empty! The dining hall is headed in the right direction but mainly empty as well. After that... The 2nd floor is still empty? It feels like you spent all your time on the main room/Exchange room and none going up.

I think you are headed in the right direction definetely, but would like to see less empty rooms and more elegently designed rooms personally. So with that, 0.

• Agree
Reactions: Oak Milk and Shmid

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Revisited, my current thoughts...

I think the basement where you keep the farms and such is still done nicely. I think the main room you enter at was redone stunningly as well! I love the addition of The Exchange room and can't wait to see the Emerald Suite!

Now, my cons...

The second floor: The parkour bit (as much as I love a good parkour challenge!) feels out of place to me. The room also just feels generally empty! The dining hall is headed in the right direction but mainly empty as well. After that... The 2nd floor is still empty? It feels like you spent all your time on the main room/Exchange room and none going up.

I think you are headed in the right direction definetely, but would like to see less empty rooms and more elegently designed rooms personally. So with that, 0.
We are working from the bottom up. The Vault area is done, the main floor is almost done just need to design the emerald suite. The 2nd floor has been started we plan to add more to the dining hall area, as well as redecorating and designing much of the 2nd floor until it looks good in our eyes. We are still getting new ideas on tweaking things we have so far, to improve ourselves, and in my opinion feel we are ready to take the step into becoming a village.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My thoughts are along the same lines as Jinks, the entrance is stunning and I love that! I love walking into the castle and seeing the grand stairway the work done with the Exchange looks great too, thing is though, I walk onto the upper floors and there is still nothing up there, I know you want to be an official village but there is still quite a lot of things unfinished here. Further more that parkour course really doesn't fit in with your theme, still I reckon Esper is nearly there! One last push to do some great work in the castle might move me to a +1 but for now I'm going with a 0 , I can see your determination so don't let me down ;)
Good luck with the rest of your application!

• Agree
Reactions: Da Jinks

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
You do have improved your castle it would seem but, what I like to see in a village are houses. I think it has been mentioned in the previous app but I don't think you're gonna expand anything when accepted for village. So sorry. 0 for now.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
You do have improved your castle it would seem but, what I like to see in a village are houses. I think it has been mentioned in the previous app but I don't think you're gonna expand anything when accepted for village. So sorry. 0 for now.
I would like to know what you mean by expanding. Do you mean building wise people wise or castle filling wise. We were planning a garden square of a fancy square outside the castle. We are certainly going to finish the castle. People wise we will only accept Ex-Esper people due to the fact we can't have combined chests with random people we don't know. We are also planning a few more underground features after the castle is done.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Super, I appreciate that a traditional village is based around personal villages, however, we have combined efforts here, and I believe our castle is just as good as any group of smaller houses. I think limiting it to just one type of village set up is unfair to those of us building in other styles.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I would like to know what you mean by expanding. Do you mean building wise people wise or castle filling wise. We were planning a garden square of a fancy square outside the castle. We are certainly going to finish the castle. People wise we will only accept Ex-Esper people due to the fact we can't have combined chests with random people we don't know. We are also planning a few more underground features after the castle is done.
Super, I appreciate that a traditional village is based around personal villages, however, we have combined efforts here, and I believe our castle is just as good as any group of smaller houses. I think limiting it to just one type of village set up is unfair to those of us building in other styles.
I meant player wise. As for houses: I'm more then fine with the way it looks. I was just concerned about it that at a certain point you won't have any new people joining if you'll only accept ex-esper people. If I may suggest something for the chests if you're concerned about it: Make a main room with basic building stuff like stone wood etc. Next make a seperate room for the valuables and rarities you have. For Every person 2-3 double chests? I'm not trying to break your idea down for the village you're creating. I just want (like with Every village) that it can/will want to expand. I'm sure you'll get more ex-espers eventually now I'm reading it back so I'm coming back on my 0 and giving you a +1 (btw sorry for the confusion about what to expand xD)
EDIT: If you're concerned about people just joining your village to raid: Staff can check who took what from what chest.

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should be posting here, but since I'm a member of Esper, I'd love to just express some of my thoughts and address some concerns.

Firstly, out of all my experiences with SMP clans/villages, I have never been involved with a group like this one. Were all getting much closer, and I think that's what this is all about. Sure we move a bit slower than other villages and towns, because of our limited members, but we make up for it with very detailed work.

I know currently Esper does not want to expand with more members joining its ranks, but with the future who knows? We, like any other community, obviously want to expand, why else would we have applied? Simply right now were comfortable with each other, and wish to continue working as we are. I hope that may help you with your Esper membership concerns, for right now, the four members currently involved (myself included) are perfectly balanced in our work.

Secondly, the castle. We are working fastly, and efficiently towards our goal: becoming a large function in the world of Elysium, because like said above, of coarse we want to expand! Maybe not in the membership base yet, but we want to become more involved in the politics, and overall atmosphere of Elysium. If I recall, Anitirius (just using you beautiful folks as an example) started with a very small colonized area. The emptiness is just much more apparent in the castle, because of the huge space. So I can assure you, Esper has many projects and rooms to install in and around the castle, (personally I'm looking forward to making a cathedral/church building and/or room). I know it may look dull now, but just take a look at these screenies:

This was the Exchange six days ago:

This is the Exchange today:
We just may take a bit of time perfecting the castle, and we'll always be tweaking and adding things to the castle (yes I must agree with the jumpcoarse thing as of now, but I'm sure it could be integrated in and look very nice with a great theme) and the organic land around us.

Finally, it appears through reading posts (and correct me if I'm wrong), that people may think we will leave it how it is, and not want to expand, if we became a village. That is definitely untrue. Becoming a village would help us improve ourselves even further, chatting becoming easier, making us more wide known, and possibly increasing trade which is essential in bettering Esper, and the rest of Elysium.

Thank you for reading this and taking the time, I was kind of singing the same old song, but I hope you appreciated some of the information in here, and I hope you take it into consideration! If this is not allowed in a thread like this, please tell me, and I'll make sure to delete it!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
After seeing JohnOgozalek 's reply, it's changed my mind a bit. I do feel the castle should have been expanded a bit more before the second app, but you deserve village for your effort, theme and all of the work you four have put in. My initial fear has been shot down a bit too, that you would stay at 4 members and slowly fade away, but I feel you guys will expand and stay active. With this, I will give a +1!

D

DieLorelei

The effort is impressive, as is the size of the castle itself. You haven't given yourselves much to work with, but the castle is very large and with alittle planning, could be organized for limitless possibilities. Considering its only a village, +1.

Reactions: Hockeyfan1852
Q

Qube

Approved!
I'v seen enough improvement to give Esper village status, as i said in your first application the village doesn't have to be complete to get accepted, and from the looks of it you are working on filling the empty areas that are left!

You can talk with either me or Marnixxie in-game to get your clan up and running, congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.