Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Derp

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

madsk001

Reaction score
The idea involves placing a block of some kind (TBC), and a 5x5 block of water will spawn there, negating all weapons for 30 seconds in the area. This is to prevent a cannon dominating gameplay, and if used quickly and efficiently, can protect your team from even a nuke! Although remember: your teammates and you cant use your weapons either!
Upgrades include bigger range and longer duration.
Price: 800?

T

Tiger_087

The idea involves placing a block of some kind (TBC), and a 5x5 block of water will spawn there, negating all weapons for 30 seconds in the area. This is to prevent a cannon dominating gameplay, and if used quickly and efficiently, can protect your team from even a nuke! Although remember: your teammates and you cant use your weapons either!
Upgrades include bigger range and longer duration.
Price: 800?
I think madsk001 does have a point with cannon domination but if it's going to make anyone in the area safe from everything, it has to be way more than 800 points - especially if it protects someone from a nuke. I mean, it's not exactly fair if something for 1000 points (which isn't even cost-effective) can be blocked by something for 800.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
I feel like this could be a good idea. Adds more of an element of teamwork into the game, instead of a giant every-man-for-himself-except-the-ones-you-cant-kill type battle.

Reactions: madsk001

madsk001

Reaction score
Maybe... If every weapon you blocked/ deactivated got you a set amount of points, say 100? That could be useful when your on +4 range upgrade (so 9 in all), and charge into say the point on a KOTH map and net ypurself loads of points...

T

Tiger_087

Maybe... If every weapon you blocked/ deactivated got you a set amount of points, say 100? That could be useful when your on +4 range upgrade (so 9 in all), and charge into say the point on a KOTH map and net ypurself loads of points...
I agree.
I think that if EMP is added, it should only disable upgrades and not weapons. Guns are widely used in every match, so disabling them will limit gameplay.

Reactions: madsk001

madsk001

Reaction score
yes, but just deflecting and blocking upgrades is quite un beneficial, unless it has a larger range. say 10x10, and that it nets you 10 points for every weapon fired where the actual shot goes into it, or it is fired within it.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Oh, I haven't posted my disapproval for this idea yet?

I don't like it. Doesn't feel right with TNT. Imagine the confusion it would cause, it's hardly going to be effective either, it will just slow down gameplay and make it horrible to play with when somebody's got an EMP out.

daniel

Reaction score
Maybe it could be a wepon that is fired and effects 1 player only
Would be helpful on CTF and KOTH