Elandrir RoF Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandrir

The dutch moose
Reaction score
In-game username: Elandrir

Time-zone: GMT +1 - The Netherlands

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
On a normal day without vacation I can be online for around three hours, this can differ when I am in a busy period or when I have a test week coming up. In vacations my ontime will be much higher, this can change from five hours to over ten hours. When I am not online I will be online on IRC, this way people can ping me and I will come as soon as possible.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
The largest responsibility as an Operator is making the server fun for everyone, finding the perfect balance between being social and reinforcing the rules of the server. Helping new people through the tutorial, giving them a good base for becoming a grandmaster on RoF. Of course, keeping the server free from rule breakers and fix an occasionally flood now and then, is also a part of RoF. Although the largest part of RoF is creating a welcoming environment and to make sure that everyone feels server on a big server such as Rituals of Fire. As an Operator you work in a team and as a team player you try to help each other out when you need to. The position of Operator makes you the image of the server and people look up to you, it is necessary that the players see you as a role model and you as a member of the staff act like one.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I am pretty social overall and I do not differentiate between a new player and a grandmaster. I see everyone as the same and as I would treat my best friends on the server, I would treat someone that just broke the rules. Also I can be trusted with classified information and I would never share it with people it is not addressed to. The fact that I already know some of the commands, is also a slight advantage over others. I am a fast learner and I can adjust myself to a new environment quiet easily. I can bring some new spirit and ideas into the team and I think I can become a valuable asset to the team as it is now.
My maturity is also a thing that sets me apart from others, I am of opinion that I am pretty mature and I can handle a situation with enough professionality to make it a success.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
Sometimes it will look like I am AFK, but I will still be watching chat. I am not that social around people that I do not know and I know this may sound like an excuse, but it is not. I have tried to work on this in the past and I think I improved on it. Because, if you see me acting like I was as a player I have changed to what am I now as a Grandmaster. I am watching chat on those times, but I am not typing then. When I type I am pretty social and I greet everyone with the same happiness as I do with others.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
Firstly, I would try to fix the problem myself. If the problem is too personal I would redirect the person in question to the forum, forums messages are private and are a nice option if there is no high staff online. Operators also have staff chat, when something happens that I have no knowledge about I might throw the problem in there. When there is no Operator online and the problem needs immediate attention I will ping another staff member on Internet Relay Chat.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
I do not have any previous experience on another Blocktopia server, but there is a first time for everything.

References:

WiiGoGetter
std1997
Ragetastic96

Ty for reading everything and good luck with writing a response.
Have a good day,
Elandrir

(Because Tamzies is my girlfriend she will vote 0 on my application.)

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Quality application. I can tell you've spent some time getting this ready.

I don't have much to critique on this. Your a fun, mature, outgoing, balanced player. I think we have a lot in common with our work ethics. Your timezone doesn't hurt, either. We could use a few more ops to cover the times that Americans aren't on in the early morning.

Good luck.[BCOLOR=#ffffff] +1[/BCOLOR]

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score
So, another Dutchy wants to join the team, eh. First to cut of the tension, I'll go with a +1 for you. You're a great player, person and friend of most of the players because you are a very mature, friendly and helpful player. The fact that you're very close to Tamzies is nice. This way you can communicate easier if either of you have a problem you're unfamiliar with and there's nobody else around to solve it.

You made a very clean application. It was pretty clear and there was nothing really in attemp to make it longer. About the first weakness you named, the chat reading; I too, do this very often. I don't see what's the issue with this, it means you're watching over the chat and the server. If you wish to speak more, just try to get involved with the topics being discussed over the chat.

I wish you the best of luck on your application and you deffinately deserve a trial in my opinion.
Fiesh out.
Fade ending

Tamzies

Reaction score
Hello handsome,
You know I cannot vote on this application due to the fact that people may find it biased, because I am girlfriend. Although I am your girlfriend, I still think you shouldn’t be an Operator and I think you are not mature enough for the job. I also dislike your taste of fashion on Minecraft, Ew Lord of the Rings that was like 2 years ago.

Jk ly, You are a great player and nice to all. I think you would bring some joy in the team. I really like you and I do not think that your weakness will be a real disadvantage. Sometimes I get lost in chat and then I do not notice major events happening such as floods. You are mature and you can keep things secret. You can handle situations well and you know what commands we use on RoF.
I think you would do great with a trial, but I cannot vote on this.

Tamzies Out!

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Elan,

When you first asked me for a reference. I was heavily tempted to say no. I didn't know you at all outside of the fact that you were Tamzies' boyfriend and you hadn't really stood out to me on the server outside of the occasional hello and goodbye. But instead of saying no, I said I would watch you for a couple days and would reply with my thoughts when I felt I had them composed to where anyone else could understand them.

I'm very glad that you were patient with me in this 2-3 day process and allowed me a lot of time because it allowed me to watch you and you showed me that you're willing and wanting of this position. You have shown the maturity and helpfulness of what I think we expect from Operators and I think you at least deserve a trial.

But with every application, there's a part that worries me and for you it is your activity on the forums.

You have one message on the entirety of the forums. Now I understand a majority/main part of the Operator's job is on the server but we need you to communicate with us off server too. A lot of things are posted on the forums and some of those things will require a post from you but you can't do that if you're never on the forums at all. There's also ban appeals. Nobody likes waiting 3-5 days for an Operator who is supposed to be constantly watching them to reply to them. I think though that as this application goes on and your hopefully soon trial and also hopefully even more soon full op promotion that your activity will increase on the forums.

Now outside of your inactivity on the forums, as I've said already I think you're ready for a trial as an Operator and I'm excited to see how you'll do working with the diverse staff team of Rituals of Fire. +1

Best of luck on the rest of your application,

std1997

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
You're on quite often from what I've seen. Generally, you're on even earlier than I am and have tendencies to stay on for several hours more even when I'm around. I honestly don't know how many hours you actually log on before I wake up considering timezones and all, but from what I've seen, you're quite a pleasant player to be around. You're helpful every so often, kind, and do help new players with questions they have when you're able to.

Yes, you have hardly any activity forum-wise, then again, I can't say I'm the most active forum poster, either. Honestly, nothing I've seen you do on the server warrants anything less than a +1 from me, but I also would like to see you around the forums more, even if it is in your status updates. I'm not sure if you do as Tamzies does, but should you also not use IRC that much, if at all, then the forums are a pretty good place to start using (I say this because I don't see you in the main #Blocktopia IRC channel as it stands right now). Especially when you need to contact someone for advice.

So, if it's not gathered from the post, I'm giving you a small +1 for your aiming at Trial Operator. Please try to pick up forum activity, should you get accepted. c:

W

Wimali

Hey elandrir!

Although I'm still on trial (and have only been operator for about 7 hours), I was told to respond here. I'll be honest with you: If I would've been operator a week or so ago, I'd probably have given you my reference. You're a friendly and active player, I often see you working on community projects such as quarries etc.

Your application is also very well-written and obviously some thought was put into it. The only negative thing about you is the fact that you are quite inactive on the forums, but I hope that won't be a big problem. I definitely think you at least deserve a trial.

EDIT: not allowed to vote so removed my vote

Last edited by a moderator:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to straight up say I'm going for a 0 primarily because I don't see you enough and that's mainly a fault on my part, so I apologise. Though, I'm not planning on ending my message here.

From what I've seen of you, you're a friendly, helpful player and you seem to be pretty active. I commend you on your application, too. It's quite well written and you've included a lot and that's what I really like to see in an application, it looks like you've put a lot of effort into it. I'll continue to view you in-game and I'll see whether it's enough to change my vote.

For now, good luck c:

• Thank You
Reactions: Elandrir

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hello Handsome... :p

As others have stated, you are a pleasant player to be around. You are well versed in the rules of ROF. Admittedly, I haven't been able to watch you "as a hawk" due to some family matters that came up. From the little I have seen, I haven't really seen much from you that made you stand out above the rest. You've always seemed quiet to me, other than the occasional greeting. However, the content of your application is strong and from what I see from other operators statements, my experience of you doesn't seem to be the norm, so I am all for you being on op trial and we'll see how you do. +1 All the best!

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)
AKA "Fuzzy Lumpkins"

Last edited:

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
I as well have to agree with much of this: when I see you, you are friendly and helpful, and basically just pleasant to be around. Your low forum activity is a bit troublesome, but I'm going to take into account when you registered as well. If you could make an effort to be more active, though, that would be great! ^-^ Overall, though, I'll be giving you a +1! C:

Status
Not open for further replies.