Ekko Hype Thread

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
HYPE about new rito champion
"If you cant make the most out any given moment, then you don't deserve a single extra second"

Reactions: erik5456

erik5456

Reaction score
GODDAMN SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT ON MAKING A FORUM POST ABOUT THIS.

In all honesty though the amount of hype is too damn high. Im actually ready to start going on my pbe account more just to test this guy out XD. I feel like hes gonna be a huge teamfight oriented top laner. Also theory wise i feel like he has some sort of relationship with jinx and then the other mural could be of a best friend or brother who died. And since you posted a nice quote im gonna post my favourite one:

"I don't need hours or days or years. I only need seconds."

• Agree
Reactions: Vrgin

Pokemon365

Reaction score
I feel like he will only be top/mid. If you look at the current ap junglers:
Maokai (builds tank, has target cc, some sustain, AOE)
Fiddlesticks (lots of sustain, nice aoe ult, works really well with zhonyas for some tankiness)
Elise (is considered trash but she has good cc, builds tanky while getting some damage, has sustain with spider w, 6 abilities)
Eve (evelynn has that amazing jungle pressure passive, AOE)
Gragas (builds tank, amazing cc, good sustain, AOE)
Malphite (builds tank, has good cc with a bit of sustain from passive, AOE)
Nautilis (builds tank, amazing cc, some sustain with shield, AOE)
Nunu (consume pressure, builds tanky, has good buff for adc, sustain)
Rammus (builds tanky, pretty good cc, aoe)
Sejuani (builds tanky, good cc, aoe)
Diana (good aoe, becomes a threat later on)

Ekko doesn't have good AOE damage for the camps. Also, he has minimal sustain. His shield is only up for 2 seconds which gives him mimimal sustain. Furthermore, his ganks are pretty mediocre and he doesn't have the power to power farm. Since he doesn't build tanky, have much sustain, or good AOE, he wont really be played in the jungle. The closest jungler to him would be diana, and she is played mid far more than jungle, plus she gets a bigger shield + better waveclear

• Agree
Reactions: Digitalis

Digitalis

Reaction score
I only have two games with him, but from what I noticed, it's possible to build him glass cannon, using your ult as a way of escaping and recovering any burst you've endured. His ult also allows him for a more bruiser oriented playstyle. With the new Abyssal scepter in mind, he can build off-tank while still dealing enough damage to remain relevant. I messed around and found out that building a wonky on-hit hybrid build seems to work nicely. Picking up BotRK provides important damage to tanks, while also synergizing with Ekko's passive. Alongside that, picking up lich bane, spirit visage, and other situational items seems to be effective. Homeguards is also core, allowing him to heal enough over the 4 seconds post-recall to ult back to lane nearly full health and mana. All together, it provides a mobile, unkillable bruiser that does will in both fighting and peeling. The troll thing about this particular setup, is you can tank all day, and once you get low you ult, landing in the center of their team because you stayed in their face long enough, and recover a lot of the damage dealt, and instantly turning the fight around (or ending it.)

edit: also, the W cast time is INSANE. It takes 3 seconds to land, so you can't really use it as a means of catching people out, you have to get creative with how you set it up.