TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Mapname: Eclipse
Author: theWeakGuy48
Size: 110x110
Notes: On this map you have to knock the other team in the void. The kits is almost like eachother and there is 12 chests in the map. The chests got stuff like: enderpearls, speedpotions and (normal)goldenapples, but also food. There is some cakes around too that survivors can eat. The maps haz 3 'layers' (purple,green and blue) and its ways to get up too all of them if you fall down. Plz have TnT-Damage off.
Warp: If you do /warp knockmap in /mvtp terrain you can find the map.

Plz tell me if anything is wrong​
Code:
MapName: Eclipse
Author: theWeakGuy48
BuildTime: 60
GameTime: 360
WorldTime: 1000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
	==: Vector
	x: -1566
	y: 36
	z: 396
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 120
  BoxChance: 15
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
   y: 36
  ChooseKit: false
Centre:
  y: 30
WorldSize: 100
FallReduction: 10000
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 5
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:

SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- OBSIDIAN
- WOOL
- ICE
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:

HunterRestrictedPlace:

HunterRestrictedBreak:

Kit:
   HunterStart:
	  Infected
- DIAMOND_SHOVEL.Knockback:2
- FISHING_ROD
- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
- DIAMOND_BOOTS

HunterLeader:
		   Infected:
- IRON_SHOVEL.knockback:1
- FISHING_ROD
- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
- DIAMOND_BOOTS

SurvivorStart:
			Survivor:
- DIAMOND_SHOVEL.knockback:1
- FISHING_ROD
- DIAMOND_HELMET
- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- CAKE
- STEAK|5

Scavenger:
- IRON_SHOVEL.knockback:1
- FISHING_ROD
- DIAMOND_HELMET
- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- STEAK|5

Last edited:

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Here I'll shoot out my opinion on this.

First off I'll start with aesthetics then move to gameplay. I wish you would of picked a consistent base block to work off like quarts, stonebrick, sandstone, netherbrick etc., hardened clay in this fasion looks odd in my opinion. I feel the color is a tad overwhelming and at the same time kind of boring. I'd love to see you switch some stuff around.

On to gameplay I personally am getting kind of bored of maps like this. The whole knock the player into the void runner map thing a few off these sort of maps are cool but a excessive amount of them I dislike. However, I'll give you some credit the map is well laid out.

Sorry for being a bit hard on your map but I know from experience that you're a great builder and can take this and turn this into a better map. I suppose you can't change the whole knock into the void thing but at the very least I would love to see a change the block combination.

Good luck!

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
As Nog has said, I also feel that the blocks you used, look a bit weird together, since there are many colors of clay. I'm not necessarily sure about the gameplay, as Knockback 1 doesn't really knock players far enough that they'd die, but instead you would have to hit them a lot and hope you can get a hit near them when they are near the edge. I'm also not sure about food in the map, I do notice that there is food (cake) in the map, and perhaps in the chests, but food could run out quickly when players are running away from hunters or when they are attacking hunters.

For now, it'll be a 0.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Is this any better?

I'm not necessarily sure about the gameplay, as Knockback 1 doesn't really knock players far enough that they'd die, but instead you would have to hit them a lot and hope you can get a hit near them when they are near the edge. I'm also not sure about food in the map, I do notice that there is food (cake) in the map, and perhaps in the chests, but food could run out quickly when players are running away from hunters or when they are attacking hunters.
Knockback I dosent knock people very long but if many hit you, you will be knocked far enough to fall down. I can change this to a knockback II if people want.
There is food in kits, chests and also some cakes around, so I dont see food as a problem.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I just see too much resemblance to a mixture of PlatformPanic and OctopusOfLove.
Knockback 1 is definitely not going to be enough to knock someone into the void. Maybe, if you get lucky, then you'll knock them somehow. But to be able to do something, especially when the platforms are so close, they need to be KB3+.

I just don't really see this map working out that well. I'm going to go with a 0.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
@TheWeakGuy48_

I'll be straight up with you, man. Both versions you showed me were vertigo-inducing and a bit of an eyesore. It's either the way it's built or the way it's patterned -- Surely you must be able to see this since now it's pointed out. It's actually so bad in your second post's screenshot that I honestly can barely tell which parts are elevated. My suggestion is to both make the blocks of the map darker and either make the path parts sunken in (deeper) or get rid of them entirely. It might look a lot like PlatformPanic, but it would be better than this garbled mess of an eyesight you have now.

Remember, a map doesn't have to pop out in just looks, it can be detail as well.

Have a nice day, sir.

-Snap

EDIT: The first variant of the map you show is something better than the second, but the colors still are too poppy. Y'know? Try and change the colors around, experiment with different wools and material blocks.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I like the concept of knockback maps, but as some others have said I feel like this map is a bit too similar to our current selection of this type of map. I would like to see some creativity as far as gameplay goes, and I just don't see it on this map.

On a brighter note, I don't have much of an issue with the look of this map overall and in no way do I feel as though it is an eyesore. Bright, yes, but that is also a nice quality in itself--at least it stands out as far as aesthetics go.

Due to the gameplay being so similar to other maps, I'm going to have to go with a -1.

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
Hey Weak!

Well, as everyone said people are kinda getting bored with this maps. I personally liked the first one more than the second one, and I feel players won't like it because we already have a lot of maps like this. We also need to start to make different maps. .. Try to be more creative, and I bet you will achieve to get amazing maps, but for now I'll have to go with a 0. Good Luck though.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I appreciate your continued interest in submitting maps for AoD, but unfortunately this map doesn't have what it takes to make it onto the server.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.