ealev's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Account Name: ealev

Timezone: GMT-5, the US East Coast.

References (Op+): tnmjimbob and MikeTang have referenced me.

Approx. time spent on BBB: From the time I first logged in to now, I could easily guess over 150 hours, easily more. Before /ontime was removed for the first time, I had over 10 days.

Previous staff experience: I am currently an AoD Trusted, but I also had/have Op on a school server (so, only about 5-6 people go on it, and we all know each other in real life), so I know a few random commands.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? I have spent about 6 months with Blocktopia, and I’ve stayed most consistent on Buildbox. I, a few months after I joined, made and failed my first Advanced Builder application. I later made a second one and was accepted with 5 references.

What do you think the role entails? You have to keep a general feeling of peace in the server. Answering questions regarding the server when asked, and answering them in the most helpful way you can. Maybe even help with building, if anyone asks for assistance. Also, keeping the rules in check, such as spam, grief, and the occasional person who comes on just to be a troll, and/or annoy the general playerbase.
When a new player joins, and they don’t understand how the server runs, an Operator would help him with understanding the server, and what you do.
And, if someone asks to review their build, you have to know whether they are worthy of the rank (namely Builder, as that is the one asked for on the server most).

Why do you want this position? As stated above, I have been with Blocktopia for around 6 months, and Buildbox is the server I could be found on most often. In the beginning, I didn’t know much myself, but since then I have been learning more, and I am at this point, very knowledgeable about the server.
I also want to be a general help to players. I have been asked before on my opinion on their builds, and what they can do to make it better. I gladly enjoy helping these people.

Additional/final notes: I have been reasonably busy, but I have two things, on three different days that will be closing up soon, so I will have more time to staff.

Signed: ealev

tnm

Reaction score
You've always been really helpful, and fun. Your trusted rank on AoD also helps, and from what I've seen, you've done a good job. Good ontime, good person, good enough app and the fact I agreed to reference you.
+1.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What a dreadful application. Take my -1 and go fall in a ditch or something

The players love you, your 2 references shows the staff like you, and I've been eying you for a while now. You're certainly friendly, helpful when need be, and I would love to see you in the Operator position.

+1

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Funnily enough I was going to talk to the staff about you as I did think that you were capable of the position. However, this may be down to be activity (most likely is) I don't particularly see you help out users that much, but seeing as I've never had issues with you and you do seem like a helpful user when I do see you, I will chuck in a +1

Good luck :)

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
You are actively helping(keeping the servers populated at times) and playing with people at the same time, (this one made it sound like that on purpose.) LOLCOPYRIGHT But yes, staffs like you, what AngelWV said, and what tnmjimbob said as well.
+1 My points are more fabulous!

Reactions: EggNog

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
There's not much I can say that hasn't been said already. You're quite active and I usually see you on fairly regularly, and make a concerted effort to help. So, definite +1 from me

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Frankly, I'm going to go against the current trend and settle with a zero, granted that you're Adv Builder and have some skill at building etc (which is great), I'm going to go with the vote of maturity as I'm not really that sure that you could manage to handle the role as such. 0 for now, but we'll see in the coming weeks if it picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.