Duffie's Advanced Builder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Username: Duffie

Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: As of four days ago, everyday. I'd guess around 4 ~ 6 hours each day.

References (Adv+): HeroOfTime125

Screenshots of creations:
To start off, all of my creations exist within my plot, which is located at the following warp;
/warp Duffiemuseum

Each Skin Statue has three signs, each stating a different thing.

The first sign shows the name of the character, or skin user.

The second sign shows the name of who created the skin (Skin user by default).

The last sign shows who made the statue.

This goes from first done, to last done (as of this post).

Shantae - (Reference: Shantae)

First Viewing Mario - (Reference: Super Mario Land)

Pika-Pikachu! - (Reference: Pokemon Yellow)

And finally...

Extra Note: I have only recently returned back to BuildBox, mainly due to the fact that my Artist's Block has regained an image, but I have been working hard-- not for this rank-- but just for the heck of it.

I would like to thank you for giving me your time to read, and look at, this application. It means a lot to me that you show your support, either by landing down the gavel, or showing a thumbs up.

My creations aren't exactly as spectacular as most others' builds, but they still took effort to make, and were very enjoyable to create, as well as look at.

Once again, thank you for reading and looking over this thread.

Signed: Duffie

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm at a 0 on this, currently. You're nice, your builds are nice. But, statues and pixel art are the two no-nos of getting a rank up.

I like them, however. And you're a nice guy. I suppose I'll see what the other staff think on this, then decide for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: EggNog and Friendy

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I'm going with a 0 your a nice player and a good builder but I'd like to see more then just pixel art and statues. As I am new at judging applications this vote will probably very, considering what other ops have to say. Anyways Goodluck on your application and keep building :)

tnm

Reaction score
I think I can give advice, so I will. Your pixel art is really nice, and you can do it well. However, as Nog and Cookies said, pixel art doesn't get you the rank.

So what I suggest:

Build a few builds, 1 or 2, that contains whatever you want, making sure they contain a huge amount of detail. Then, add some pixel art etc. to add a nice look to it.

Good work though, and you're definitely on your way to advanced!

• Agree
Reactions: Zelz and EggNog

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I am really very torn here.

On the one hand, I can see pixel-arts and statues, which really do not take that long to make. These alone won't get you the rank.

On the other hand, I have Duffie. You are undeniably one of the nicest guys I've ever met and I cannot name a single person who doesn't like you. You are friendly to everyone and if you put all of your creative energy into one or two large builds I can easily see you getting the rank.

0 for now.

• Love
Reactions: Duffie and Silvuss

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
Going to swing in here with a -1, sorry :oops:
I like your dedication but builds like these on their own aren't really adv material in my eyes, but as TNMjimbob said they can be incorporated into builds and complement them nicely.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Ok I have looked at your builds a little more and have decided to go with a -1 your a good builder but your stuff just isn't Adv. quality yet. If you keep working at possibly take TNMjimbob's suggestion or just come up with your own idea you'll be there in the blink of an eye.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Thank you all for your feedback. I have to admit, I saw the negative and neutral ratings coming.

I'm not the type of artist to do 3D work. Every time I attempt to do so, I either stop midway through, or just end up hating how it looks. What I do enjoy, though, is pixel art. If I cannot get a rank up for it, I'll gladly stay a Builder just to do so. The only problem I have to face is the amount of room, or lack thereof, as the plot was a grief-free zone I could easily add all of my creations in.

For now, I will attempt to work with what I have, and continue to make pixel art. If I ever get up to it, I'll make a couple of buildings here and there, but they will be (quite honestly, although a bit modest) mediocre at best.

I understand that pixel art can be very quick for certain builders, but it took me effort and time to create these, all the while I had fun. If I could animate these, it would be all the better.

Once again, thank you all for your feedback. I don't see much hope for me making it to Advanced Builder through this application, but I'll continue to build my creations.

Reactions: EggNog and Zelz

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think what you have to understand is that

with pixel art - the end result looks good, but its more a labour of time than a labour of skill - in that the last time i checked its not overly 'hard' to do pixel art, it just takes a large amount of time depending on what you're doing since the process tends to be
- check what pixel goes in square a, what block represents said pixel, place block.

Whereas 3d buildings tend to take considerably more skill and tend to come across often as looking more appealing.
With that said, your pixel art is nice and i did rather enjoy the pokemon one :D so keep up the good work.

And as for griefable areas - oddly enough the main world is safer to build on than plots due to the fact voxelsniper can still effect other peoples plots and, most people using voxelsniper work ON the plots map - so its incredibly easy for someone to accidentally fire a large stone ball through the middle of your building - and since voxelsniper isn't logged via hawkeye its annoying to fix if it does happen - whereas ALL damage on the main map can generally be undone with a single operator command.

• Agree
Reactions: EggNog and Zelz
Status
Not open for further replies.