Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Dragons of Destiny
Author: Catcocomics
Type: CTF
Map World Border: Self-Contained
Round Time: tbd
Team Names: Team Lilac (uses magenta color) and Team Hologram (uses light blue color)
Spawn Locations: marked by four corresponding signs
Flag Locations: the giant spiritual energy pearls under the dragons' chins, marked by two corresponding signs. (p.s. I used stained glass on these)
Fall Damage: turn it off!!!
Drowning: yeah, why not?
Warp: dragonsofdestiny (you can find this map right next to Seaspray Rig)
Aditional Info: please have the walls completely surrounded with water, for visual effects. And if possible, rename the rockets to "Dragon Breath" and the shovels to "Dragons Claws"

Special Notes: this map uses a lot of sugar canes and a few barrier blocks. I figured the sugar canes could be used as cover from enemy fire, and the barrier blocks are used to reach the dragons' pearls.

Stay tuned for images

Final note:
map inspired by this song:

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Thanks for your submission!

The map has a very simple and good luck style, it's colourful and nice to look at while not being in the way of gameplay.
I can see you made the gameplay a bit different than other maps. With there being 1 main path through the middle but giving players the opportunity to sneak on the water and climb up vines. It's a bit awkward that to get to the flag you need to walk on barrier blocks on the water but it gives players something cool to find out. I like how you used jump pads only personally I'd prefer to have 1 really huge boost than having to use like 4 to get up. The top area is a bit weird but I think it's fine as long as it's outside of shooting range.

+1

Catcocomics

Reaction score
btw, I do kind of want the players to use something other than the standard ctf weapons.

perhaps a 4-hit shears and a 4-hit low-range cone weapon?
Also, depthstrider III on all armor would be really nice.

if these can't be done, I'll understand

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
With how things are currently set up, none of the above are really possible. The different armour probably won't be possible, however I may be able to give map makers the option to add extra items to CTF kits, but I can't promise anything. Regarding the map, I'll either write my feelings in a post, or I'll simply accept or deny the map once staff have had a chance to review it.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi catcocomics, thanks for submitting this map.

after looking into it I want to give it a +1

It's very nice setup, big, much different kinds of routes and will probably very fast paced.
The map is definetely creative. From aesthetic view it's a bit simple tho but still loving it!

tommy

Reaction score
Hi,

I like the map very cool design looks like it should play well. Can't foresee any bad problems so I would like to see it in game play.

+1

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi cat, thanks for the submission.
I have discussed briefly with you that I've had to make a few changes to the map to allow the flags to work properly, but everything else should be as you intended. Do let me know if I missed a jump pad, or something, but otherwise..
-Accepted!

• Useful
Reactions: Mastersten
Status
Not open for further replies.