[Done/No Issue] Suggestion: Disable conversations showing to visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamsanity

Reaction score
I don't see an option in preferences for disabling visitors from seeing your conversations under the "postings" tab on your profile.
creeps me out that people can see that sort of stuff- it's supposed to be private
if there's a way to disable this without people not seeing any of your stuff, please let me know.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
You mean like, profile posts? No one but people in the conversation (and admins) can see PMs.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean. Only you can see your PMs in your Postings tab. Anyone else who visits your profile will be unable to see them.

Tamsanity

Reaction score
ok so

I looked at the profile of someone who I'm in a conversation with and our conversation showed up under their postings so I assumed that this new layout and these settings allowed other people to say your conversation and I mildly flipped out
but yeah I get it now.

edit:
aaaaaaa. If you look at your own profile and go to your postings, it'll pop up with all the conversations you're active in.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
ok so
I looked at the profile of someone who I'm in a conversation with and our conversation showed up under their postings so I assumed that this new layout and these settings allowed other people to say your conversation and I mildly flipped out
but yeah I get it now.
The permission systems knows that you're in a convo with that person, so it shows it to you - but not to any other member that views that "Postings" Tab :)

You can check by going to e.g. my profile, and you won't see any of my convos in the "Postings" tab.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.