Donations...

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
Hello everyone. As you all probably know, we run on donations.

-edit-

DONATIONS FOR APRIL COMPLETE!

-edit end-

Donations have never really been a problem for us, we've always managed to fill it up in the first week of the month. However, for some reason, this month is different. First of all, Thank you to all previous and current donations. It is very much appreciated, and it's you that keep us going.

The problem is, this month, that's now more then half gone, we've not even reached half of the donations we need. We'll fill up the rest if need be, as staff, but we can't manage that endlessly either.

Currently, donations stand at 70$ of our 150$ dollar monthly requirement from the donations.
We will compensate any lack we'll have, obviously, but as I said before, we can't keep doing it.

And keep in mind everyone, that even small donations help us out. (anything above 2 bucks... Because we do need to switch currencies on it, and pay paypal too.)

Now, we recently upgraded to a new version of the forum software, which broke the progress bar on donations. I am going to try and find a solution for that, I am sure we have something in the software we can use for it. In the meanwhile, you can check donation progress yourself by going to http://blocktopia.net/forum/donate/ or selecting donate at the top bar on the forums. (It's right in between Forums and Staff.) and once there, click on goals.

This has been Deadl0ck bringing you your news update for the day.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Just to clarify: We have funds saved up for hard times, but they're just about gone if we have a donation empty month. All money lacking is paid by me out of my own pocket, as the servers are paid for by me, but I appreciate that not becoming a norm ;)

So - thank you to all the fantastic donors!

• Winner
Reactions: Malcovent

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
can i say, normally stands a donate box, and the amount that already has been donated for that month?
Has this been removed?
PS. Not entirely sure where this box is :S So it may still be around.
please donate guys! I WILL! (when i find out how too :/)

From the opening post...

Now, we recently upgraded to a new version of the forum software, which broke the progress bar on donations. I am going to try and find a solution for that, I am sure we have something in the software we can use for it. In the meanwhile, you can check donation progress yourself by going to http://blocktopia.net/forum/donate/ or selecting donate at the top bar on the forums. (It's right in between Forums and Staff.) and once there, click on goals.
So, your questions were already answered... :p

Also....

DONATIONS FOR APRIL COMPLETE!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED!

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
This may sound a bit meh, but maybe its possible.
I'm talking about taking serveys for companies, which in turn give some funds (Like two dollars) .
As a 14 year old, I don't have any type of access to paypal like a good bit of the community.
Deadl0ck If there could be a way to attach serveys to your donations fund, I know you could get a pretty penny from a lot of us.
In my old community, me and about 40 others could rack in 60 dollars every few weeks with different *safe survey links provided by the administrators.

._. But finding those links weren't so fun for them though.

• Agree
Reactions: DJJonosound

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
I think the problem is that there wasn't an announcement this time around (except Twitter which isn't noticed as much as announcements) until today. Once there was an announcement, the donations filled up.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
As pathetic as it sounds, I'm happy the donations were filled up. Thank you all who donated! You've given a whole lot more people another month of something fun and enjoyable to do!

• Agree
Reactions: Jubjubers

dhall10

Reaction score
Perhaps try and get companies to place adverts in a side-panel on the site for which they would pay to to display, so you could make money from adverts as well as donations, and any extra could upgrade server capacity/power?

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
I have a question.

Where does excess money end up?
Does it go into an emergency fund, or does it spill into next month's funds?
Both. We have about a month worth of safety funds, we spend money on community wide events / competitions, and we have to upgrade servers every so often. But the donations are the bare money we need to keep running. so only the excess money we get each month goes into the "spare" funds.

hrjyuuyt12

Reaction score
Just to clarify: We have funds saved up for hard times, but they're just about gone if we have a donation empty month. All money lacking is paid by me out of my own pocket, as the servers are paid for by me, but I appreciate that not becoming a norm ;)

So - thank you to all the fantastic donors!
Wow Gmk. That actually made sense. I didnt think you were capable of that...