Dominations

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Hello all,

I was playing TF2 the other day, with my somewhat amateur skills compared to other players, and I was thinking about the Dominations in the games. If you haven't played TF2, basically what happens is if a player kills you 4 times in a row without you killing them, they "dominate" you. This just means that they're sort of like your temporary nemesis. If you end up killing them after that, the domination is retributed and you're neutral with them again. Have a nice day. :p

If this was implemented:
Zombies: It probably wouldn't be 4 kills, more like 2 or 3. How it would work is if a person zombifies someone multiple times (not necessarily in consecutive maps) without them zombifying them, they would "dominate" them. Dominations themselves wouldn't actually do anything, but it would show the dominated player that that person is dominating them and, therefore, probably provoke them into aiming for them.

Humans:
Good point on the humans dominating, here are some possibilities:
Spleefing - Although, obviously not on adminium maps.
Winning rounds - As Da Jinks said, humans could dominate just by attaining a winning streak. Not sure how this would work though, as dominations aren't meant to mean dominating the server, but dominating particular people.
The main problems I can see with this are people aiming for someone in particular, too much data for the server to remember and people getting quite frustrated over the "obvious ingenuity" of their nemesis. However, that is what this sub-forum is for - discussing ways it would be good/bad. So please, comment your honest opinion - I don't necessarily want it to be implemented, I just want it to be thought upon.

Thanks! ~Swate

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Good point on the humans dominating, here are some possibilities:
Spleefing - Although, obviously not on adminium maps.
Winning rounds - As Da Jinks said, humans could dominate just by attaining a winning streak. Not sure how this would work though, as dominations aren't meant to mean dominating the server, but dominating particular people.

tommy

Reaction score
I though in tf2 its only three kills for a domination and it resets after you kill them but what does my 1200+ experience hours on tf2 know

Edit: Think its a great idea!

• Haha
Reactions: Swate