[DoD] Operator Application: Kingdion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rytheria

Reaction score
In-game username: -
My in-game username for Minecraft is known as; kingdion, though this is my account there may be other accounts joining under the same IP as I have younger siblings whom enjoy Blocktopia and may be included within the gameplay of Dusk of Discordia.

Staff references (Op+): -
I currently have no Staff References and don't plan to have any before the release.

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): -
I am currently holding no other staff ranks in Blocktopia at this moment, though, in the past I have staffed within Classic TNT, Classic Lava and SMP1. (Trusted)

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - There are many words I could use to describe the potential responsisbilities the Operator Rank consists of, and, I believe I can fairly describe it using my vocabulary and knowledge.
In my personal views, an Operator serving on a server such as DoD must keep all aspects of the game itself, for instance, keeping to the role-play side of things. These Operators must keep the environment in the server, pushing a nice and playable game-play for everybody to enjoy.

Whilst keeping along gameplay and moving a nice environment, Operators are there to enforce rules and to chisel out players whom rule against them. Now, from my perspective an Operator must be level-headed and need to keep calm in certain situations.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: -

I would be a very valuable participant in this scenario (coming from my perspective) as I have staffed previously on the older versions of SMP and have a great deal experience based from my involvement in the past - using this experience puts me in a position where I can deal with problems quickly and to pick up my pace among the others.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: -

As a new Operator, there is surely going to be problems unknown to anybody - though, I believe if handled correctly all Operators can gain knowledge from these events. My first step would be to puzzle the problem together, finding the important aspects and keeping it all fresh in my head. From there, I can formulate a solution regarding the unknown problem.

If for instance, I see no way out - I have no problem in contacting somebody of higher prestige to aid or assist me in a certain problem, if none are available a fellow Operator may have a solution.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: -

This is an interesting question and I believe I understand the duties I must take care of under this scenario.

Firstly, a staff member should never act-up, if this happens on an occasion it must be dealt with appropriately - therefore, I would make my first move to watch/record/screenshot this staff member, whether they are a higher or equal rank. From there, I can confront him/her and begin questioning. (as if I don't know what was happening - this, intentionally pushes the staff into a mouse-trap)

From there, I'd be able to formulate my logs and hand them to somebody of higher power (head admin, director) and aid them in handling the situation appropriately.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: -
Everybody has a weakness, whether or not it is clearly noticeable or barely there. From my perspective, I see a lack of keeping comfortable in awkward situations - this, can be a minor problem as I may lose 'edge' in certain situations. Though, this, is extremely easy to fix and I will try my hardest in improving.

I will improve this issue by addressing it fairly, immersing in more conversations and avoiding conflict which may arise.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: -
My name is Dion, I've been playing Minecraft since the end of 2009 - I've been apart of Blocktopia since 2010 and have been enjoying it every since. I enjoy playing Football and love to enjoy and compose music in my spare time. I am a male and am almost Fourteen years of age and I enjoy games that have background lore and love reading.

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - There isn't much information that is necessarily needed to be announced, I just hope I'm not shooting the gun by applying so early - though, I really believe that I can make a difference in the upcoming Dusk of Discordia, I feel as if I can really benefit from this experience and I can see the responsibilities and hard-work I am willing to do to make this experience amazing.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello kingdion,

We've discussed this and decided that we will be denying this application. While you have loads of past experience, considering you have just recently returned and we have not seen you on SMP servers to get a good impression, we would rather wait until we can see you on to give a better opinion. Consider the application denied for now, but if you enjoy the server and do a good job helping out that may be flipped!

Thanks for applying, and have a blessed time on Dusk of Discordia.

• Sad
Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.