Do you play any Paradox game?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I have following games:
Crusader Kings II - game set in medieval times. There are dynasties and medieval things like chronic backstabbing, raiding and stealing land, gold and spouses. This game focuses on dynasties.
There are like thousands characters here.
Europa Universalis 4 - start of colonization to second industrial revolution. It is more civilized than Crusader Kings 2. Here you manage your empires.
Victoria II - 19th and first third part of 20th century. It has greater focus on economy and internal politics.
As for colonization you can civilize other nations or become civilized nation.
I just started playing them recently.

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got EU4, and the Mount and Blade games (mostly just play warband). Good games, though I rarely have time to play anymore. EU4 is a very involved game, and takes far too much time for me anymore, while mount and blade has a few quirks that should be smoothed out, but is a lot of fun.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I think I gained new perspective on Primordia by playing Crusader Kings - both of them are medieval in theme, and you can roleplay here.
There was some intrigue and betrayal going on.
Also Dagon leader clearly had Ambitious and Kind traits. Probably few more too. Shame I'm 4 years too late though.
--------
Take note that Crusader Kings have focus on dynasty - you play as king or other nobility, who has bigger or smaller land.
There is whole medieval Europe, northern Africa and Asia - all way to east border of India.
So this means a lot of characters.... if it was MMO possibilities would be endless. It has multiplayer up to 32 players though.

• Winner
Reactions: Duffie

Scrable

Reaction score
Used to play Hearts of Iron II and III as well as Europa Universalis IV.
But the amount of DLC to EUIV is ridiculous.
And still playing Cities: Skylines and Cities in Motion.
And even when they released so many DLCs to certain games, I hope they won't do the same to HoI IV, which is currently in development.

Although I prefered that "East vs. West: A Hearts of Iron game" which was cancelled.

And yes, I hate DLCs.

Oh just noticed that M&B was published under Paradox, although I still do not see them as such titles, the series itself is too unique.