Discussion on PWYHC Thread

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
that thread has overshot its shitposting quota
giving this lock application a +1

edit for people who dont want to open the linked thread. post copied below with fixed links

After some debate, Pick Yer Poison and Wink have decided to close the Paste what you have copied thread :D for several key reasons:​
  • Lack of discussion upon content posted; Merely irrelevant post after irrelevant post
  • Content Quality slowly degrading throughout the thread's history

Users are welcome to post in current threads, or create entirely new ones, for relevant content pertaining (but not limited) to​
  • Anime
  • Indie Games
  • Quotes
  • Miscellaneous Youtube Videos
This act of moderation was mainly made to encourage conversation, discussion, and collaboration upon posted content in Off-Topic. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to message Wink.​

Last edited:

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Why is this a thread?
Just in case there were any legitimate questions the public had about the whole scenario. So far, it looks like the thread itself was clear enough to the point where no tension has arisen. I just want to tread light footed with matters that could be touchy, such as locking a thread that had over 3,000 unique posts. This mindset more or less fits in with our updated staffing guidelines, especially with regard to our reworked ideology of working cooperatively with the community, instead of just moderating it.

SirCiph

Reaction score
Hey, at least I got to post my Gandhi picture before the thread was closed.

If anyone's wondering, it wasn't intentional. I was worried that I had much worse shit on my clipboard, but I checked beforehand.

Oh, and yeah, that thread deserved to be locked.

DaniGrenade

Reaction score
Website
www.nyancat.net
"As our language wanes and dies, the golden legends of the far-off centuries fade and pass away. No one sees their influence upon culture; no one sees their educational power." ~Douglas Hyde

"shit m8 thread got rekt so don't forget to smoke weed everyday and rest in fucking pieces" ~snoop dogg

• Agree
Reactions: Jivvi

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
shouldn't this have been posted in off-topic???
Eh, maybe. I liked the idea of posting in discussion since it tends to be more serious conversation orientated than off-topic, is a neutral ground as I don't have moderating capabilities here, and it's a bit on-topic.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aren't those two questions sort of contradictory? You just asked why threads are deleted and then ask why we tell you threads are deleted? :p You want to know but don't want to know?
referring to how people stir up a fuss when posts are deleted under the table, but now that wink decided to inform people of it, people are still complaining about why this thread was needed.

on a related note, this thread hasn't even been used for it's purpose, which was to field any questions.
(meanwhile a barrage of questions awaits any subtle deletions)

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

BrickWolf

The Concrete Dog
Reaction score
why do we need to be informed of why a thread was deleted

gosh
I wasn't asking why we needed to be informed. I think wink/pick's decision was justified and am I'm glad that it was closed.

I asked why we needed this particular thread, because all it seems to be amounting to is people saying "holy shit fuck that thread and the jackasses posting in it praise jesus"

It just feels more like a "post your reactions" thread than an actual discussion to me.

Last edited:

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
I wasn't asking why we needed to be informed. I think wink/pick's decision was justified and am I'm glad that it was closed.

I asked why we needed this particular thread, because all it seems to be amounting to is people saying "holy shit fuck that thread and the jackasses posting in it praise jesus"

It just feels more like a "post your reactions" thread than an actual discussion to me.
Doesn't hurt to make sure the community doesn't have questions or objections to us closing a thread with so many posts in it, really. Besides, it sets a nice precedent and shows that we're open to criticism and feedback on our actions as forum moderators.