[Discussion/Megathread] RoF Rebalance

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hiya! This is a thread meant to foster healthy discussion about the changes and balances in RoF.

There have been some issues and conflicts recently regarding some pricing mechanics of certain items (see: potatoes) and a lot of frustration surrounding some of the mechanics.

As opposed to making multiple tiny threads, this is a space where anyone is welcome to make suggestions and bring topics about balance to discussion in regards to RoF. You are still very welcome to make a separate thread if you so choose.

To further clarify, this is NOT a place to make a suggestion that is about adding something entirely new.

Known imbalances:
- Potatoes/Crops and enhanced growth speed during faster rounds.
- Some chest items on maps being nerfed despite some of the contents not being sell-able or of great value.
- Incentives/Perks to rank up (need specific suggestions)
- Wood should be able to be sold for more.
- Fishing is not worth the time due to low prices in sell shop.
- Enchantment tables should be re-implemented into maps.

If there's something I missed or something you feel should be changed/added, please say so.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Enchantment Table should be a Perk for being a Journeyman+ Rank but only usable in the JMF shop.

Potatoes/Wheat/Crops were pretty much OP during a high speed round (llama+) which players used to their advantage.
Plus seeing that the current Bread price was 0.45 crumbs - making wheat 0.15 crumbs each - was well above the price for other items such as Logs, Glowstone Dust, and even Lapis ore. These items are considered less abundant than Wheat, which gets easily farmed. That's why I see an issue with the current pricing for the crop items.

Chest items. Maybe they were OP items? Wimali should probably answer this.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
disable crafting of literally every utility e.g. enchant tables bar crafting benches and furnaces

wipe of server after beta period is over due to varying degrees of balance over the testing period, meaning the ease of ranking up depends on if they did certain things earlier in the testing period

make the lobby book quest riddle things free as opposed to five cookies each

not sure how plots work but they should probably ban the farming of any sellable items

also the ladder game rewards are rigged as hell, make them the same or scale by the winner's seconds on top

• Haha
Reactions: Haysagar and Psycho

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Bows and arrows in Apprentice seem extremely overpriced. Somewhere between 0.3 and 0.5 would be a lot more viable for arrows. 5-8 for a bow would sound better also, considering the availability of string to players via shop and how easy it is to get sticks.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Chest items. Maybe they were OP items? Wimali should probably answer this.
They were general rare/overpowered stuff like wither skeleton skulls, skeleton skulls, and iron tools. Considering most of these were obvious loot for the map creator to find (especially a secret 3x3 stone hole hidden in a place where no one would possibly look). Considering most of that stuff was banned from maps in the maps and/or sold in shops, I figured it had no place in this map-- especially because they are so easy to get. Also, some mob spawn eggs (both in Gueldene & Mizu). So, in short-- yes, OP items.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
tokens should probably not have high-level fire aspect on them, despite this being funny as fuck to mess with in the ladder game
this sounds OP but in practice it's a negligible advantage, as I haven't actually killed anyone by swatting with a flaming token afaik
Maybe we could make it so that players don't need to withdraw the tokens at all? I mean, there's really is no use for withdrawing it except to see the item?

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Maybe we could make it so that players don't need to withdraw the tokens at all? I mean, there's really is no use for withdrawing it except to see the item?
Catgirl and I did the same thing with super cookies before the reset (on the ladder game)

Since it's nearly harmless, might be a decent Easter egg but meh