Discordian Municipality Thread

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Unofficial Settlement Thread for Discordia
What is it?
I've decided that there should be some form of global government in Discordia where towns can apply for unofficial city, town, or village status. This will be largely an adaptation of the system that was used in JtE which was based on member count.​
How will it affect me?
If you are a member of a town, it could possibly motivate you to work harder to invite more members to your town or expand it's boundaries. If you are a town leader, you could persuade the members to step up their game in terms of building design, population, and overall efficiency. Personally I believe that towns should try their hardest to improve as much as they can as often as they can. It just gives a real sense of dedication to a server.​
So I might be interested, what are the requirements for my town to apply?
There are different requirements for different settlement ranks. They are as follows:​
Empire-
As the highest settlement rank, it is also treated as such. To get to Empire, all detached builds in the settlement must be capable of
earning Builder on BuildBox
and there must be at least one build/design that would
get you Advanced Builder if size was not being judged,
the settlement must currently
have City status,
and the entire theme must be
architecturally centered. The town must show
constant improvement
and dedication through refining the builds and having active members. This should be the ultimate goal of someone who values the server and their town.
City-
In order to apply for City, you must have at least
village status,
a population of
7 or more
members, and a well laid out, efficient design and most of the houses must be
capable of getting you ranked to Builder on BuildBox
if they were built separately.
Town- To apply for Town, your settlement must have at least 4 members, have Village status for one week or longer, and have at least two houses that would get you ranked to Builder on BuildBox.
Village- To achieve village status your settlement must have at 2 or more members and a well laid out design.
This sounds great, why should I go through the trouble of applying though?
There will be benefits to having your own Village, Town, City, or Empire. For example, leaders that have gotten their settlements to Town, City, or Empire will be able to participate in a scheduled weekly IRC chat to negotiate, add alliances, add enemies, talk about their plans, and just have a good time. Each settlement that applies will have their name and basic information listed in this thread. There could be more advantages as time goes on, but since the server is just starting this should be plenty for now. Not to mention the satisfaction that comes with achieving a goal.​
I'm in. How do I apply?
Copy and paste the following format into this thread:​
I am applying for: (Village, Town, City, or Empire)
Settlement introduction (like a story):
Name of settlement:
Mayor/Founder name:
Members (names):
Screenshots:
Extra notes:
Please point out any possible flaws to these systems.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
That's fine, but this will set goals that you can achieve. I, for one, always get more done when I am trying to reach a goal.
The goal is for each individual person to decide for themselves. They could set a goal something simple as build a house, getting a kill, working together with friends to build amazing structures. The goals in this thread reflect on population and building skill. Population is an unfair goal for players that work hard to build something great but can't do anything without adding random people to a town built on trust. Building skill would be judged by one person or a small group of people. If you are proud of whatever you build you don't need telling criticizing their towns. Every person has goals large and small to complete. No need to add a system that people will say "I achieved (town rank) nothing more to do. As for:
participate in a scheduled weekly IRC chat to negotiate, add alliances, add enemies, talk about their plans, and just have a good time.
This would be a good idea we could add a parliament building (anti-pvp) to discuss as well as the irc. Would be a fun thing to do talking to other towns every week or so. Would be a fun event to look forward to each week/month.

• Thank You
Reactions: RyanDodd

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
That's fine, but this will set goals that you can achieve. I, for one, always get more done when I am trying to reach a goal.
The goal is for each individual person to decide for themselves. They could set a goal something simple as build a house, getting a kill, working together with friends to build amazing structures. The goals in this thread reflect on population and building skill. Population is an unfair goal for players that work hard to build something great but can't do anything without adding random people to a town built on trust. Building skill would be judged by one person or a small group of people. If you are proud of whatever you build you don't need telling criticizing their towns. Every person has goals large and small to complete. No need to add a system that people will say "I achieved (town rank) nothing more to do. As for:
participate in a scheduled weekly IRC chat to negotiate, add alliances, add enemies, talk about their plans, and just have a good time.
This would be a good idea we could add a parliament building (anti-pvp) to discuss as well as the irc. Would be a fun thing to do talking to other towns every week or so. Would be a fun event to look forward to each week/month.
You bring a valid point on how population is unfair. I'll be lowering requirements shortly and will be removing the need to tell your location. Screenshots should be enough.

Reactions: LISTINGS09