Disconnectors

Baron_Bread

Concorde
Reaction score
The warning list is pretty helpful when it comes to tracking chumps who try and get away with rulebreaking because operators just don't happen to be online, but it can be difficult to find those people, especially if they happen to live in a timezone where not many operators tend to be online.
Since ranks can be changed while people are offline, why not set those warned people to a rank that pings users in the IRC for that server, if that's possible? It would make using a warning list much much easier since it doesn't need to be referred to and users names don't need to memorized.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
There are a few things i don't like about this suggestion
1. If a person is on the warning list then staff on irc would see that person if they go check the warning list or have the warning list on auto-open.
2. its not necessary, its a pointless command. On IRC staff might be sleeping and the only staff might be a trusted so if a trusted sees a person and he is breaking rules. We just can't ban of someone's word we have to see the rule breaking for ourselves.
So basically i dislike this suggestion

Baron_Bread

Concorde
Reaction score
There are a few things i don't like about this suggestion
1. If a person is on the warning list then staff on irc would see that person if they go check the warning list or have the warning list on auto-open.
2. its not necessary, its a pointless command. On IRC staff might be sleeping and the only staff might be a trusted so if a trusted sees a person and he is breaking rules. We just can't ban of someone's word we have to see the rule breaking for ourselves.
So basically i dislike this suggestion
1. It's just making it easier to use the warning list because as opposed to having to scan the warning list for possibly complicated usernames that are full of numbers, it'll just say "Oh, this person is on the warning list.".
2. "On IRC staff might be sleeping and the only staff might be a trusted so if a trusted sees a person and he is breaking rules."
I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
What I gather is "The IRC staff with the capacity to ban is asleep and the only person with any power is a trusted and he sees a person who is breaking rules."
3. As for the "we have to see the rule-breaking for ourselves", that's a given, but surely you can trust the word of a Trusted, if that's what you were referring to in the last sentence.

If you get annoyed at being woken up by a ping, I don't understand why you just don't put it on mute or turn it off for that night. Note that I didn't say "turn it off or put it on mute while you were still using it", since that would defeat the purpose.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
1. It's just making it easier to use the warning list because as opposed to having to scan the warning list for possibly complicated usernames that are full of numbers, it'll just say "Oh, this person is on the warning list.".
2. "On IRC staff might be sleeping and the only staff might be a trusted so if a trusted sees a person and he is breaking rules."
I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
What I gather is "The IRC staff with the capacity to ban is asleep and the only person with any power is a trusted and he sees a person who is breaking rules."
3. As for the "we have to see the rule-breaking for ourselves", that's a given, but surely you can trust the word of a Trusted, if that's what you were referring to in the last sentence.

If you get annoyed at being woken up by a ping, I don't understand why you just don't put it on mute or turn it off for that night. Note that I didn't say "turn it off or put it on mute while you were still using it", since that would defeat the purpose.
another reason that this isn't a good suggestion is that how is a trusted if he is alone on the server without an op+ able to know a person is on teh warning list he can't see the warn list

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
The downsides to this aren't as bad as you are all saying. Sure a trusted won't be able to see the warn list or even do anything about this. However we could make it ping only the op irc channels perhaps? Also like Baron said if asleep ops who are in the irc for logging purposes want to stay for logs, then they simply would have to mute thier volume. it is a simple fix and I think it could be very useful.

I do not always know if a user on the warn list is online. I do not refresh my check of the list every time someone new pops on the server and having something tell me, hey this guy is on the warn list. It lowers the need for constant checking and is a more effective way of dealing with the warn list. I like this idea if it is possible.