Dessern5's Operator Application Number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
IGN: Dessern5
Time-zone: EST
How much time will you be able to spend staffingthe server each day?
I would be able to send roughly 1-2 hours on the server per day although I will not play on Sundays. As I am just starting my high school swim team this time could decrease but not enough to make a dramatic impact. What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server
The duties of an operator are vast but the one of the most important ones is being a model of the community. The operators need to be responsible for they are showing who the community is and what type of player and staff base we have. Among more of the responsibilities is upholding the rules and making sure that all are followed. We should be able to deal with any form of rule breaking that we can find and act as a mediator amongst any problems that arise. We need to be responsible enough to take a heavy burden on our shoulders for we are representing the good of the server; we need to be mature, responsible, trustworthy and honest to all the people that come onto the server. Operators should also act as a way to help people understand things that they may be confused on such as the rules. If the rules were not made clear to somebody then it is our duty to help them understand so that they can play to their best capability. We need also to act as a guide amongst any confusion, such as how the store/ranking really works. What sets you apart from other applicants?
As a previous op I am responsible with my staffing duties. I guess that I am different because I am somebody that can easily make bonds with people or alter how I might act so that it could be beneficial to those whom I am talking to. I am rather talented at making connections with people and if they don't understand something then I will take time to talk it out with them until they do understand. I am very patient with others and am somebody who is very slow to rage. I always prefer to act as a peacemaker and try my best to keep everybody calm and having the server be a very fun and enjoyable place or experience.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
Weaknesses: My biggest weakness would probably be my lack of understanding of how premium commands would work. While I am weak at this I am willing to put many hours in so that I can understand them and use them to the best of my capability. If I do not understand it even after trying my best then I will ask another staff member to help me understand it. Another weakness is that I am not the best when it comes to managing my time but I always make time to do things that are important.

Strengths: My strengths would probably have to be my level of friendship and understanding. I am very patient with those who do not understand something and I make it a goal to have it be understood. My friendship making abilities helps me forge relationships on the server that help me be able to be trusted and be a friend to those that I would be responsible for. One more strength would be my willingness to assist somebody no matter what the consequences.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If I ever ran into a problem which I would not know how to solve I would immediately ask another staff member specifically Controllers or higher if they could help me out. If by the off chance they couldn't help me then I would try my best to solve the issue with my limited knowledge of the situation and try my best to brainstorm ideas as to how I could fix it or accomplish my goal.

Refrences: Omar_Sales
Thank you so much!

I thank you all for taking time to read this and I await your responses.
Dessern5/Aaron

Omar_Sales

Squid
Reaction score
Website
ask.fm
I have been unable to get a reference so close this if you wish.
Maybe because you didn't ask?
The only thing you have told me so far is "Watch me please", and another OP told me you didn't ask him either.

Putting that aside, you're a good, helpful, mature person. I've seen you improve alot since your last app, and you're acting like what it's expected from an OP. I'd be lying if I said you're not ready for this.
So here, have a shiny +1

PS: add me as a ref

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Omar you total thunder stealer xD

Anyway I was just about to offer you my ref. I talked to a few other ops about it, and while they were bothered that you didn't ask them for refs, you asked me and I would like to give you one.
You have been mature, helpful, active ad have a very well written app.
I definatly think you deserve at least a trial, so good luck!
+1

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I have some time to share my thoughts.

Omar pretty much summed it up. There has been a vast of improvement since you last applied, you have every characteristic of what I feel an operator should have, you have basically been a general role model to other players, you have past staff experience, and I have confidence that you will get some work done around the server. +1

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Going with a +1 as well, due to seeing an improvement with yourself and your helpfulness on the server.
Never had an issue with you and you're also experienced with staffing so I think you'll handle it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.