[Denied] Upgrading /me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coops58

The Black Mesa Representative.
Reaction score
If you play Zombies, you'll know that /me, when left without a message, tells you if you are a human or zombie. I'm suggesting that when there is no message, instead of saying "You", it says:

You are not in a safe zone.
OR
You are in a safe zone.

This command is, of course, fairly frivolous. For people like myself who hop around the whole time, it won't be used much at all. I just think it would be an interesting, and most likely easily integrated, addition.

Summer10

Reaction score
I feel this would be used by a few people, would be very useful, and would be easy to substitute for a useless command. Hope this gets added.

fenna

Reaction score
Well, I dont see a- wait... Lets think for a second :/ It would help people that don't notice there in a safe zone notice but :/ I'm not sure about this command or upgrading it because it does have it's ups and downs

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
My opinion on the matter is, we don't require another assurance if we are/not in the safe zone. We already get a message that says "You have entered a Safe Zone" when you enter it.

But I do like the prospect of upgrading the /me command and adding another use to it. How about /me shows that you either have lives left or you are a "ghost" (No lives left).

The idea of making such a useless command, and making it something worth using, is an amazing idea. But it would be even better, if you could use /me with something that has even MORE of a use.

Summer10

Reaction score
My opinion on the matter is, we don't require another assurance if we are/not in the safe zone. We already get a message that says "You have entered a Safe Zone" when you enter it.

But I do like the prospect of upgrading the /me command and adding another use to it. How about /me shows that you either have lives left or you are a "ghost" (No lives left).

The idea of making such a useless command, and making it something worth using, is an amazing idea. But it would be even better, if you could use /me with something that has even MORE of a use.
Yes but sometimes you miss the message and you forget that you are in the safezone and lose all of the cookies you could've gotten

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Yes but sometimes you miss the message and you forget that you are in the safezone and lose all of the cookies you could've gotten
For that I would prefer some sort of command like /safe or something along those lines, because it wouldn't make too much sense with the words /me. When it's used like /me it makes more sense for it to say something thats about yourself directly, not in the area your in. So maybe a new command for that.

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I did kinda like the idea, but then I thought about it and realised I dont understand how someone wouldnt know already without a command.

I fail to see how someone could just not notice that they were standing in a plant or fake water/lava, its not like those blocks are invisible, like op air, but op air should only be at the spawn so it shouldnt be a problem.
I could understand not noticing the time and forgetting to leave safe zones, but not knowing if youre in one?

Coops58

The Black Mesa Representative.
Reaction score
I guess the real intent of this was to put more use to /me. I like what Zombie did with it, and I think lava could find some use for it as well. What is the point of it saying "You", when it could say something useful to the player. Maybe "You have played X rounds in a row.
You are in a safe zone.
You are alive."

Of course, in/not in, alive/a ghost .

I think 3-4 things would be fine, and something like how many rounds in a row would help people trying to get Super Cookies. These are things the server already tracks, but nothing specifically tells you them. It'd be a nice one stop spot for information about the user currently. (Verses /whois which is all time, or /info which is about the server, not the user). It would also make sense, since /me would be all about the person who used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.