[Denied] [Suggestion] Trusted rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

A Trusted Rank

As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it.

What is your idea?

A trusted rank. This was a thing on classic lava, and on many other BT servers- but is strangely absent from RoF. This why I’m suggesting it, but, not the kind of Trusted rank most people would suggest. I realize the biggest reason for not implementing a Trusted rank is because basically most of the members are just power-hungry people who just want to brag about being staff. Essentially. Well, I think I’ve got a solution for that.

What real power Trusteds have

I feel like Trusteds shouldn’t be able to do anything, literally not anything, except be able to use /pr i. Staff members of any blocktopia server will most likely recognize this as the command used by staff to check who broke or placed a block. That way they could find out who griefed or flooded. That’s all they can do: No inventory restores, no teleporting, no nothing. Just checking who placed or broke a block. That’s all they need. Hell, they wouldn’t even be able to access the staff forums. (And, alternatively, they could also have access to the autofill stuff- if that idea would uberhaubt get approved.)

But won’t they still be able to get it just for bragging purposes?

Of course. Players could still apply for Trusted just to be able to brag about it. That’s why I feel like it shouldn’t be shown in any way that they’re trusted: If they’re a Grandmaster, they’d look exactly any other Grandmaster in-game. And I also suggest that they wouldn’t be able to apply either- Trusteds would be handpicked.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Some minecraft servers that I've been on have /pr i available to everyone -- I don't see any drawbacks to that.
I mean, more information can't hurt, right?

• Agree
Reactions: LizzzyxD
W

Wimali

Some minecraft servers that I've been on have /pr i available to everyone -- I don't see any drawbacks to that.
I mean, more information can't hurt, right?
I agree. The trusted rank I'm suggesting here is barely something you can call a staff rank- It just gives some trustable people access to the /pr i command, so they can check who griefed/flooded and report them (with pics-proof, of course)

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
What I mean is, I think /pr i should be available to all players, not just ops, if the Trusted rank doesn't get put in.

W

Wimali

What I mean is, I think /pr i should be available to all players, not just ops, if the Trusted rank doesn't get put in.
I personally wouldn't want that. But it's up to the higher staff to decide on that ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.