[Denied] Secret drop of cookies (1 per map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3xl

Reaction score
Hi! You maybe remember me of ''play to be the lava god''. My idea is to in like 3/2 rounds a cookie block, like a sponge or whatever appears into the map and when you see it you must grif it to get the cookies, how more hide are them more cookies! My suggestions :
Easy : 1-5 cookies
A little more hard : 5-9 cookies
Hard : 10-? cookies.
I hope you like it!

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Hi! You maybe remember me of ''play to be the lava god''. My idea is to in like 3/2 rounds a cookie block, like a sponge or whatever appears into the map and when you see it you must grif it to get the cookies, how more hide are them more cookies! My suggestions :
Easy : 1-5 cookies
A little more hard : 5-9 cookies
Hard : 10-? cookies.
I hope you like it!
I see people griefing more, and claiming "But I thought it was cookie block!"
Other than that, I really don't have many thoughts, other than it may be hard to code.

Reactions: balloon98

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I'm not really known with lava but I am pretty sure that people will tunnel and 'accidently' flood lava into everyone's house trying to find this block. Somone suggested a treasure block before and this is what came up, Tunneling.

I like the idea tho :)

3xl

Reaction score
Well we cna think ofg ppl griefing and flooding. When it drops it could say :
A block of [insert a block that ppl isn't using in this round] with cookies spawned!
example :
A block of gray wool with cookies has spawned!

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Well we cna think ofg ppl griefing and flooding. When it drops it could say :
A block of [insert a block that ppl isn't using in this round] with cookies spawned!
example :
A block of gray wool with cookies has spawned!
Problem is, it's almost guaranteed that most if not all of the blocks will be in use. The quickest example I could think of is something like a rainbow dam/house.

3xl

Reaction score
Hmm ye it could be... Most ppl i think don't use gold and iron ore. Or your rainbow thingy or those ores or another thing.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
And what if is spawned a hill, which so happened to contain someone's house? People would destroy everything til they found it. Doesn't matter if it's a specific block, it will most likely spawn underground and thus cause tunnels. Even if it spawned on the surface, it'd be easy to find.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
I really dont agree with this idea, its just like the play to be the lava god example.

People will be using it to grief people's things, tunnel lava, break dams before votes.

It will cause more people to be banned

trngl3087

Reaction score
Op+ ranks are capable of arranging a game like this during a round whenever they want. In fact, it has been done a few times before. An operator places an adminium block somewhere underground and the first player that finds it is rewarded with cookies. This kind of game causes a lot of problems though. Players tear through houses and spots on the map where people usually build to find the block. It's already bad enough we have people tearing up the terrain to find the secret.

3xl

Reaction score
Well we can make the block fall of the sky soo people can see where it is.

Reaction score
Well we can make the block fall of the sky soo people can see where it is.
One problem with that is,there are maps where there is a bedrock roof,making the only way of getting the prize is by abusing glitches. And what if it falls on the timer. On maps like ufo_maddness,the timer covers about 1/2 of the sky,that will cause a lot of people to climb to the timer,so they can get their prize.

3xl

Reaction score
Well make a thing that it falls under the timer.... You know skyhigh not in the max... but that will make harder to see where it falls. Going to think more.

_Fr0sty_

Reaction score
I am really late in having a say, but I came across this post and thought, well, why don't we have it in the secret? First person to destroy "the cookie block" wins 3-6 cookies. Then a second one is hidden and whoever finds it wins 2-4. And so on. But, the same person can't win more than once. If you say /t, there could also be a timer saying, "the cookie block" will be placed in blah blah blah time. (And the secret isn't open until the block is placed, that way no one can "camp"). Such a late response, but I really like the idea. :)

spartacus800

Reaction score
I agree with frosty, I think it should be in the secret so that people don't grief as much.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
I am really late in having a say, but I came across this post and thought, well, why don't we have it in the secret? First person to destroy "the cookie block" wins 3-6 cookies. Then a second one is hidden and whoever finds it wins 2-4. And so on. But, the same person can't win more than once. If you say /t, there could also be a timer saying, "the cookie block" will be placed in blah blah blah time. (And the secret isn't open until the block is placed, that way no one can "camp"). Such a late response, but I really like the idea. :)
Okay, first of all, let me point out that that was a necropost of half a year. Second, and this is the reason I'm not happy with it, you didn't add any new information - in fact, you negated your own suggestion. How can something be a secret if people know it's going to be there? You've still got the same problems as the initial suggestion - problems, I might add, that resulted in a Lava Controller rejecting the idea in the first place.

Unless you have a good, well thought out way to solve problems that caused a suggestion to be rejected, don't necropost in the thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.