[Denied] SandCastle

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
*Celinedv made this map, she asked me to submit it for her..

• Name of the map:SandCastle
  • Creator(s): Celinedv
  • Size: 70x85 (I'm not sure though, I don't know how to count properly)
  • Biome: Desert
  • Screenshots (include the suggested timer areas!):

• If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): -
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: I don't think she does.. there's no special blocks actually.
  • Any extra information about your map?: She wanted to have like an extra hidden castle part but I told her to hide it, but she would be happy if it would be added (she covered it with a bedrock wall, but you can still see the temple since she didn't do such a great job on covering it).
  • Download link (optional):In plot world do /warp SandTemple

Reactions: 2 people

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I like that she changed packs halfway through XD

Also, this map just seems too "square" for lack of better words. Honestly, it looks like the map was made in about 10-15 minutes and little effort was put into it. I want to see a big improvement on this map.

• Thank You
Reactions: FrenchSanta12
H

Harold1995

In my opinion it's a bit flat. :( Maybe some famous hills? :D
Anyway always love to see a new RoF map. :)

H

Harold1995

I'm not sure how am I going to tell her what you guys are saying about the map, I barely see her online.
By the way I changed the texture pack because as you may notice, the sand is broken on the 1st pack ahhaha : P
EDIT: Not only the sand, the stone too apparently!
Doesn't she have the link?
And i did not even noiticed the sand xD

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I'm not sure how am I going to tell her what you guys are saying about the map, I barely see her online.
By the way I changed the texture pack because as you may notice, the sand is broken on the 1st pack ahhaha : P
I don't know, I didn't quite understood why she didn't wanted to submit the map herself, I think she doesn't understand English much?

H

Harold1995

I don't know, I didn't quite understood why she didn't wanted to submit the map herself, I think she doesn't understand English much?
Ah yes if i recall she was dutch. :p I don't think she knows how to submid it. :(

• Agree
W

Wimali

She doesn't really understand English (however, she has tried to learn it in order to be able to play on Blocktopia) and is also too young to make a forum account. Thanks for posting this for her by the way c:

Reactions: 1 person
D

DarkHender

Add some terrain and the whole map would look much better.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the map submission, but I have just a few other problems that I have with this map besides the lack of detail.

I, and most likely others, personally think that maps surrounded by adminium just ruins the looks of it. Any sort of adminium coverage can turn a good-looking map into an ugly one. Since you have timers on the adminium walls, it makes me think that you want to keep them in place. What I suggest for you to improve the map is when adding more detail, make something creative somewhere around the map where timers are able to fit in, such as clouds for example. That way, you'll have extra features to make the map look nicer, and we wouldn't have to complain about the horrid walls.

Also, some areas of the map look sloppy and not as realistic. I understand you tried your best at being creative, but I feel that it should have been given more effort to it. I'll point this out directly to how you made the floating stairs from the surface leading to the underground area. Try to make it more realistic, look up guides on making staircases if you have to. Probably ideal if you added a support to prevent floating stairs, because it doesn't fit the theme very well.