[Denied] Nominating Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco12

Reaction score
Let's put this more clear -
You can nominate maps for a certain price after certain rounds. The map you nominate will appear to the map voting at the end of the round, meaning a max of 2 nominations can be done each round, & perhaps a rank limit to prevent POSSIBLE "NOMINATE THIS MAP NOWOMG". Also like i said, you wouldn't be able to nominate maps that have just been played. So simply what this does is that you get to have a chance to get to play on your favorite map :D

gettinthere

Reaction score
What would this do?

It sounds useless if you're going to spend money to nominate maps for no reason.

Besides, your favorite maps? To be spent with cookies?
No thank you. We have the Forums to say what map we like.

Reactions: Araidian

Reaction score
If it didn't involved cookies and just 50%+1 of players nominating the same map it could work (sort of a early map vote, except that you could pick any map), would also need to be made in a way so that players can't nominate the same map till the server reset. (Not even considered if it's possible to be made).

From my view point, it would encourage the regulars to have a look in the map list to check what do we have. Some may disagree with this suggestion and keep the voting system at the end of the round, because players could influence the others to nominate a specific map ("OMG PPL NOMINATE <X>") and spam the hell out of the chat with it.

Draco12

Reaction score
what i meant is that you nominate a map for /amount here/ once per /amount here/ rounds
the map you nominate appears in the map voting at the end of the round, meaning max 2 nominations per round so be quick :3 its not players nominating for the same map, but adding your favorite map to the next voting for a price. (meaning you cant nominate maps just played?) not about saying what map you like either, BUT having a chance of getting the map you LIKE.

gettinthere

Reaction score
I do not like this idea.

I would prefer if we had an even vote chance on random maps than the ones we like.
This way the maps we play per day is not stagnant and the maps we don't like are still used.
You can't just go "A'ight, forget that map. We're going to play this map X amount of times cause we nominated it".
That wouldn't be fair to the mapmaker as they spent time making the map and the people don't like it and with this feature, all the hard work would just go down the drain for a mere amount of cookies.

Time spent in making maps is not worth the cookies wasted just for "liking/nomination" other maps.

Draco12

Reaction score
Did you read my post correctly, because it seems you missed the part where "maps just played can't be nominated". Also rank limit would limit this even more, people also have different likes for different maps. Also repeating the fact there's a cooldown on it :\

gettinthere

Reaction score
How much rounds are played before a recently played map can be renominated?

If you were to have a clear amount, then why should we vote for maps that will reset nominations when played? The cookies goes into waste and why would we pay for maps to be played? There's lives, sponges, life packs, armor, gambles, rank-ups, creatures, title stuff, leaving messages, joining messages, and donation to the Lava God.

All of them are useful to some degree, and most of them are (almost) permanent. You can keep those and they have their unique value.

But for a map nomination that would be simply wasted for one round? You answer that.

Draco12

Reaction score
because simply, I want to have fun not spend my cookies on leaving or joining messages, ok maybe rank-ups, but the little amount of cookies you spend on this won't be much of a matter.
3-5 rounds after a map was played, then it can be nominated again. 30-40 mins of fun, and its cost can be gotten back tripled (if you're lucky) but hey it's your opinion :3

gettinthere

Reaction score
Ok then, how much cookies will a nomination cost?

How will the server give back your cookies? Especially tripled? And to whom?

And how will we nominate maps?

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
"I am a self- centered jerk who only likes 3 maps, since I have money I will force my favorite maps on other people who hate my preferences and ruin their good time, since they want to save their money for ranks and other bonuses muhahahahahahahaha"

Honestly I didn't really read every reply to this thread but an idea like this... is gonna have some holes in it, I can't support it.

Draco12

Reaction score
im not the one deciding the price D: but it shouldnt be much. also it could be bought from shop at a certain rank. whichd be buuilder+? if theres any holes or something else wrong nikon then jeez tell it, im the one trying to improve this here :3

gettinthere

Reaction score
Dude, fix up your spelling. >_>

As I said, many people would love if we had many maps unused because of this feature.
And if it's Builders+ who can nominate maps, then I'm sure the guests would have a good time too.

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I dont know about this, yeah itd be nice to be able to get the maps you like, but everyone likes different maps and some players may not like the maps 'nominated' by other players.

However I do feel that this might solve the 'the random map selection picked (the-same-map-as-last-round/2-maps-no-one-wants) again' problem, not that the problem happens all the time, but it does get annoying.
I used to think there should be a third option being 'neither/none of the above' in which case the server would randomly select a map other than the two in the vote, but I think this suggestion would work better than that.

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
well I'm sorry Draco, I have this annoying feeling that if this is passed they will be some "unforeseen consequences"
where somebody will suffer allitle bit more then someone else, but who will do the suffering and why I do not know.
I wish I had some holes to point out, yet I have none.

Draco12

Reaction score
nato same thing happens with the random maps, lol. besides they can always vote against it :p

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
If someone abuses this...

1st map : (insertmapnamehere)
2nd map : (insertsamemapnamehere)
3rd map : (insertsamemapnamehere)
4th map : (insertsamemapnamehere)

Generally i could see this get abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.