[Denied] NEW DISASTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

patapon123567

Reaction score
you know wat? i was just thinking that it would be fun to make more disastrous maps in lava than just lava and water.I was thinking like this kind of disasters

Tornado Map - White wool blocks that form a tornado comes spinning around the map that will destroy some blocks

Fire Map - different lava blocks scattering at the map but some will dissapear in 1 minute but it will destroy blocks the way lava does.

Water Hole Map - you spawn in a watery world and when the time goes down it creates a massive holes in the water and will suck SOME blocks and when the player falls in the hole they respawn.

Earthquake Map - A map with already placed lava but when the time goes down an earthquake will start that moves just moves the blocks and the player making it hard to move for the players.

Landslide/Avalanche Map - You spawn in mountainouse kind of map when the time goes down some dirt or snow (wool) or any kind of blocks will go down and suffocate the player then respawn.

you people can just pick wat blocks will be destroyed by the disasters and pls accept it to hav more fun and thrill to lava FUN FUN FUN

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Besmirching suggestions is acceptable, if you explain why and not leave out why you'd think it could get accepted.
Even tho I never play on lava (And thought this was for Primordia :p ) They're probably right, The physics would make it lag too much, either crash the server and cause whining or just 'grief' more than intended.

The ideas sound fun, apart from the lag caused by them. Avalanches would bring a new addition to the vicious cycle of 'sitinhouseforcookies'. That's why I don't play lava atleast, I get bored after a round. If something like this made it into it, I would play more on it but it seems near impossible.

Good luck with the suggestion ;)

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
Why not adding meteor in there? Simply put a adminium sphere that falls with lava following. When it hits ground, an explosion occurs whereas it destroys the ground. Although it might have to be coded in not to destroy man-made stuff.

Kevin_28

Reaction score
I like the idea of it, actually. It does seem like it could be a lot of fun if it could be pulled off (coding/minimal lag/etc). Is it really a lava server addition? Not really. It would more likely be a new server in itself. Thanks for suggesting though ^.^

Reaction score
I don't really think this is a good idea for lava. Maybe another server, but not this one. For one, with new players they could just be building a home just nice and quietly. Then an earthquake/tornado etc. comes ripping through the house. Said player then shouts "GREIF GREIF HALP ME!" and likely accuses the closest player nearby. It would produce a lot of confusion.
Secondly,
Zombie pineapple said:
too many physics can lag the server
. LAG. if there was said avalanche with certain combinations of lava speed and anger, it could lag out the server so badly that it crashes. Making HA's unhappy, possibly making their ISP unhappy. As well as a lot of annoyed and disappointed players who wouldn't get their cookies. It would just be a lot more pressure on a server that sometimes does already crash due to lag.
I do think it is a good server idea that may well be used in [Blocktopia] TNT Wars, but just not lava.

Status
Not open for further replies.