[Denied] Have lava affected by gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, how it would affect some maps timers or how much it would increase lag etc

But I thought it would be cool if lava basically fell if there was air (or oplair) under it.

Pretty much the lava would still spread outwards infintitely, but if a lava block is generated above an air block it would fall like sand, landing on a block underneath it, then start spreading.

As the timers are high up the lava would flow down, slowly spreading outwards from the timer and filling the map from the bottom up, rather than the top down.

Thoughts?

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, how it would affect some maps timers or how much it would increase lag etc

But I thought it would be cool if lava basically fell if there was air (or oplair) under it.

Pretty much the lava would still spread outwards infintitely, but if a lava block is generated above an air block it would fall like sand untill it lands on another block, then it would start spreading.

As the timers are high up the lava would flow down, slowly spreading outwards from the timer and filling the map from the bottom up, rather than the top down.

Thoughts?
Nato this would probably cause a whole lot of lag but its a great idea

xrat

Reaction score
It's not automatic but, an op could emulate lava flowing like this with a tube and releasing it in layers.

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well that is similar, but yeah it would have to be done manually each time.
Or more maps could be made with timers that pull lava up pipes, like the orbital map and the grassy field map.

I just thought it would be cool to see lava flowing down the side of a volcano, gradually getting higher, building up against obstacles until it was high enough to flow over, then falling and gradually getting higher again on the other side.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Well that is similar, but yeah it would have to be done manually each time.
Or more maps could be made with timers that pull lava up pipes, like the orbital map.

I just thought it would be cool to see lava flowing down the side of a volcano, gradually getting higher, building up against obstacles until it was high enough to flow over, then falling and gradually getting higher again on the other side.
The thought of this makes lava sound almost fun again.

Status
Not open for further replies.