[Denied] Application for SMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrjyuuyt12

Reaction score
Staff Application Template

Please take the following template, fill it out and, edit the template as you feel is necessary - then post it in a new thread. Staff will review your application before a decision is made by one of the upper staff. You will be contacted shortly if it is accepted.

Ingame username: hrjyuuyt12

Rank requested: Op ro VetOp (whichever you think I should be)

Age: Do I need to? If so, please tell me I do. My parents say I should not just give out my age.

Would anyone be willing to reference you (players or staff): I would sure hope so! I think wyrer, or Marnixxie, LagWarrior, Lily97, and Theodorre would.

In less than 140 Characters, tell us about yourself. I love to enforce rules. I hate it when people don't. I don't think it is fair for anyone else. I am great with responsibility (If I could I would get you to ask my teachers) when it comes my way and I love to have fun! I have also been told numerous times I am funny.

What achievements are you most proud of? In real life or Minecraft?

Life:For all the varity of activities I have done, such as sports, school, and just life experiencing. Minecraft: Building our (Me and Lily97's) house out of a mountain and visiting the island Matilda and not dying! (Marn brought me over to visit)

What do you think your position entails? I think this position requires total responsibility. I would be responsible for the actions of myself, as everyone is, and what I would do if someone were to make a ‘not so smart’ decision. I think it takes someone who is trustworthy to fill out a position like this.

Given the likelihood that, there are 'other' candidates for this position - why should we pick you? I think you should pick me because I am not one of those new minecraftians who want to be ref for a round or think they can just ask to be Op. If I make a mistake, I know there might (will!) be consequences. I won’t use a lame excuse like my brother did it. Also, at first when I wanted to be a zombie Op real bad, I asked the Ops all kind of questions. They answered them quite well, so I think I know what it takes.

You get given six months to live, list the things you'd like to do. Oh gosh. I would love to… Go skydiving. I would also never get off minecraft for my last few months. I would play and play and say goodbye to all my friends. I would go swimming and boating. Um… well, to be honest I would probably just cry. I know it sounds stupid but, you know the saying “I’m too young to die!”

Finally - how much time do you think you spent on this application and, do you think it is appropriate? I think I spent 30 to 45 minutes on this thing. I have read quite a lot of information the blocktopia forums, and I know how proper you all are and how you all follow the rules so well and how you rely on one another to run that site. It may sound creepy, but I’ve done my research on that site and I know what you guys like to see: Honesty. And that is exactly what I have put into this application.

Thank you so much for this opportunity! I don’t think there could be a better one for me!

Ok, Thank you for your feedback
-I would absolutly love the job for SMP (sorry for not making that clear) but if you don't see me qualified, that is understandable. And I will ask the the them right now.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
hrjyuuyt12

I'm not sure if you're applying for SMP, since some of your answers seem to indicate another server. However, assuming you are, here's a response to some things:

"Age: Do I need to? If so, please tell me I do. My parents say I should not just give out my age."
No, you do not need to. Though, keep in mind we base our applications on maturity rather than age.

"Would anyone be willing to reference you (players or staff): I would sure hope so! I think wyrer, or Marnixxie, LagWarrior, Lily97, and Theodorre would."
Have you asked them yourself? You have to ask them in-game or elsewhere first before listing them.

"What achievements are you most proud of? In real life or Minecraft?"
In either one.

Will edit with more feedback later.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Seconding what Shiny said, I haven't seen you on here enough to give a fair impression. Get a substantial amount of time logged, then I can give an opinion.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Sorry, I have not referenced you yet Hrjy.
You are a fine and fun player to be around with, but yet so far not ready for the job.
We have been talking through PMs about you wanting to become staff, but I have at no point gave out my reference, nor were any of the others except LagWarrior able to.
And look, SMP does not work like TNT, you are not refereeing rounds/the world here.
You are more a player, with the duties/responsibilities of a moderator.
At least to say, I am happy to say that I am glad you really have interest in helping us out.
But just let it wait some more, and don't rush it ;p

• Agree
Reactions: Danni122112

Wooffus

Reaction score
I can't remember seeing you on SMP much. And even if that's the case, we're generally very humble folk, some of us roughly the same age as you, and we just consider the age more as an indication of where you stand in regards to responsibility. We don't discriminate against youth or elder folk - we have some brilliant staff here that are A) younger than 18, and B) even going into their 30s - but it should at least give us a rough estimate in regards to your mindset for an Operator role.

And there's one more thing I see - "I love enforcing rules"? That's not what being a staff member is all about - we're there to help the players when they need us, not scare everyone off with such intimidations ;)

On the plus side, your grammar is very good and you've presented your template very well. If you keep up your time in the server and get to understand more about how it works, then you'll be able to build up the experience as well to support this already nicely-written application.

So for now, I'm against this application, but I do see potential. Keep at it in-game :)

Reactions: hrjyuuyt12

hrjyuuyt12

Reaction score
Ok, thank you all. I totally understand what your angle is, and I respect that. I will keep playing and get to know it better. It has been a great learning experience.

Reactions: Defiant_Blob
Status
Not open for further replies.