[Declined] Map Submission: Swampy Hill

Reaction score
Hi guys i have made a new map and it is bigger and better!

Map name: Swampy hill but if you have any name suggestions please post them
Map size: 32x128x64
Op block?: I think it should be op block but it's your call
Random spawn at the moment but if you dont like that idea add spawns for spawned map?

Here are some pictures
http://imageshack.us/g/21/screenshot2012040120382.png/

The first picture is the sideon picture

The second and third picture are the underground tunnels

The fourth is the 'swampy' area with water adminium aswell as leaves for some colour

The fifth is ontop of the bridge

The sixth is one of the four 'lava pits' filled with magma so it should kill if not i would like it to kill

Due to an error with the first upload here is the link for the overhead
http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img4/1470/screenshot2012040120405.png

I would love feedback and name suggestions

woops almost forgot here is the download link for the .dat file
http://www.mediafire.com/?mz6i3588b8k4ha4

http://imgur.com/R21Uc,qClNd,fofl2,YozAn
Edited it in for you ~0x3c0

Thanks
Regards
mikke121(minecraft)

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
Well, it looks interesting. It does look like its been built for fixed spawns but I cant really see where they'd go due to limited floor space.
I don't like the water heaviness of it, and bits and bobs look really out of place like the middle bridge and the adminium walls. also the blockiness of it. perhaps smoothed out into more of a hill.
I guess with a bit of sandpaper the map could be fun to play, the one bit I think you should definitely change though is that random grass. I HATE random grass.

Reaction score
ok but the grass is for a challenge? as for the water it is for the swamp but i get what you are saying. as for the walls it is to break up the map a bit more of a challenge i am not sure how a hill will work?
spawns can be added cant they? just in the air?

Thanks any ways
regards
mikke121(minecraft)

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score

well, here is my suggestions visualised through the wonderful medium that is MSPaint. brown is hills unless its wood. I just though the trees might be a nice touch since the bridge was pretty empty. but yeah, more land, less blockiness.

Reaction score
ok maybe alkatraz can see what fits?
thanks for the constructive feed back but is there anything you do like about the map?

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
ok maybe alkatraz can see what fits?
thanks for the constructive feed back but is there anything you do like about the map?
Alka's on holiday :p
As for the map, it's certainly unique. It looks quite interesting, and would definitively be a fun challenge to play on, since the map isn't as flat in some places, it would require pistol users (like me) to resort to more expensive weapons, such as rockets and c4s.
But, yes, i agree with Inon, it seems a bit blocky, and the water seems a bit too rocky/random.
Also, it looks like it would make a good CTF map, if it had team spawns.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
I think the concept of the map is pretty good. If you made some of the changes which Inon suggested, it'd be even better.
CTF is a possibility, but I think it'd be just as good as a normal map.
So yeah, mikke121minecraft, if you're willing to make some of the changes Inon suggested, I'm more than happy to whack it into the server and try it out.

Reaction score
I will make some changes to the random grass and make more of a hill also I will get rid of the adminium wall and the metal and make nice looking hills.
Is there anything else I should change?

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com