[Declined] Map Submission: Epic Caves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazerman121

Reaction score
OK so I use to be mod on a server called craftmania and we had a world called epic caves
its a cave bigger than a normal map with huge stalactites and stalagmites some with houses in them
This cave from the surface has a shed in the shed is a hole leading down into a sky-walk the access point to Epic caves the skywalk also leads to a house inside a stalactite with a tunnel down a column into a secret underground city.
Now unfortunately the map got greifed beyond repair, however within the archives of the person who hosted it we were able to find this old back up.
I believed it is before the sky-walk and secret city buy I'm not sure ether way its an awesome map.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4674396/Minecraft/epiccaves.fcm

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Strange for you to submit a .fcm.

The FCM file extension defines data files for the Factory Commander Software, developed by Wright Williams & Kelly, Inc. in cooperation with the Sandia Laboratories Inc. The program assists manufacturers on improvement of operations, by guiding factories on time-critical missions. Files with the .fcm file extension contain cost analysis from assembly, and manufacturing operations.
These analyses contain information on individual, overall factory costs, revenues, and manufacturing capacity. These data files are applied to create new designs of factories and to improve current factory structures. Files in the .fcm file extension are used for product costing, capacity planning, to plan product positioning. Large-scale investments will benefit greatly from this software tool, because it assists businesses in making decisions, and reduces risks to increase profits.
Files saved in the .fcm file extension also define the format used for a binary file patch. Software that uses the FCM file extension in this context, are usually developed to fix or update problems with computer programs, or any of its supporting data. Files in the .fcm file extension contain a patch file in the binary form for processing purposes. This can include replacing graphics, fixing bugs or for the improvement of performance. Publishing and application of patches can come in different forms. Authors of propriety software usually withhold their source codes and the patches for their programs are distributed as binary executables, and not the source code.
Files with the .fcm file extension can be in the form of modifications for source codes. It is developed for distribution, to replace a compiled code, or to insert it within. It comes as an object module or a binary file with an .fcm file extension. A patch is composed of differences in the text, naming two source codes. It changes the executable of the program, and changing the binary files to include fixes, or to completely replace the file does it. This quick fix gives an immediate solution for users, and can be usually downloaded from the web site of the software developer.

Razinao

Reaction score
I'm simply curious why you submit a binary file to us.

.fcm indicates you 'execute it', and with executables all forms of nasties can be added.
Submitting maps should be in the .dat format for TNT Wars.

Lazerman121

Reaction score
ok the person who hosts the server (Eyebo) gave that file to me lemme talk to him tonight and ill reply back apparently that's the file he uses for Craftmania

also what about the .mine file type will that work

Razinao

Reaction score
Hang on.

Errrrrrrr. You're giving us a -beta- map? That is going to cause serious problems to use, since we're a classic server. You can't import into Omen unless it's a .sch[ematic] or a .dat/.lvl file afaik...

And it's a really big pain to convert beta maps to classic and still entirely wrong.

Lazerman121

Reaction score
OK he has a beta server i think, he may have converted it to beta for his other server ill ask him to convert it back if he can.

Razinao

Reaction score
Alright, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was under the impression [from googling] that .fcm was a binary.

Anyways.

The map has a few problems that make it unavailable for TNT.
1 ; A map similar to this was tried, except it was pretty much a forest all replaced with rock. Gameplay wasn't grand.
2 ; A map of this size is a little bit extreme. We'd have to use a 64x64 snippet and even then theres not enough variety to move it from it's bland, greyscale landscape.
3 ; It has player-built constructs on it. They might be... 'out of place', so to speak.

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
I think this would work well as a lava map, that is if it was resized to the standard lava size (whatever that may be)
You would need to modify it to also have a timer included.
But otherwise, it looks cool ;)

Alkatraz

Reaction score
As the others have said, this map isn't really suited to TNT's gameplay. If you wanted to, try Lava or Zombie map submissions. But as Caves are quite a generic map idea, they probably both have similar maps. But by all means feel free to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.