[Declined] Map Submission: CTF Rocklands

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I actually really like this. Although, there is a lot of open space, if you filled that, like you have sort of done, with posts and walls to hide behind, this could be a good map. I like the stairs leading up to the Flags and that would provide an interesting attacking / defending scenario. Nice job.

tinytoe23

Reaction score
The two land cannons are on red's side of the gate. Not sure if that would be unfair. And maybe you could rise the spawns to avoid spawnkilling? Otherwise it's very good.

Reaction score
i agree with what tinytoe said maybe even put them in that deserted area in the corner that would make it a challenge when it comes to attacking or defending. or just raise them as spawnkilling coul be possible but it is a great map well done

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
You know, one of the sides (blue/red) has 1 block more than the other one so it is not symmetrical.
Also I think that that is too much cannons, and that there should not even be cannons.
Landscape seems fine too me, but not really provocative.
Shave one layer of blocks and you almost have a flat area.
Then the map size for this gamemode, 64 x 64 x 64 is possible as CTF map (i.e. CTF-Monotonous), but it needs to be hard to get to the flags, like obstacles and diversions.
The placement of the spawns looks odd too me, if I see this right it is next to the spawn on the same height (And next to a cannon).

Geo Stelar

Reaction score
Uh...Tiny The Cannons Are Equal 2 For Blue 2 For Red
There's 4 Secret Underground Tunnels That I Didn't Show Here
If You Like I Would Delete The Spawn Cannons On Both Sides

Oh And Marn The Lumps Are For TNT Traps

There Is One Lava Pit The Shown At The Screenshot It's Somewhere There ;)

P.S. It's Covered With Blocks So Be Careful If This Is Accepted!

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Megaman, seriously, there is an 'Edit' button for a reason! Please use it, instead of Quad posting. And, is this is added, the Spawns will need to be altered, as I noticed they are right next to the flags and the Cannons. I think if we add it, we could have a go at making it up to scratch, I don't think we will get a decision for a while though as Alkatraz is away.

tinytoe23

Reaction score
No I meant in the screenshot there is an iron gate sort of thing, and I saw two cannons on only one side of it. I thought you might want one of them on one side and the other one on the other side.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
I think at the moment it is a bit too bland and featureless to work well as a TNT Wars map.
The concept of going up the stairs is a good idea, but without nobuild enabled, people would just pillar up, and as it is they can jump down. The map itself is effectively just a one layer map, sort of like the map nobuild on Zombie. Perhaps with your next map, try different levels, with more structures and terrain on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.